Are you a parent or caregiver of a young child? Are you an educator or mental health professional who works with children? And are you looking for helpful strategies backed by research to support children’s mental health and well-being? If so, the upcoming YEG Children’s Mental Health Conference November 26-27, 2022 is just the place for you! This two-day hybrid Conference is here to empower parents, caregivers and educators in advocating for children’s mental health in Canada.
The Conference was created with the intention of being a positive forum and a place where parents, caregivers, and educators can learn from the latest research, innovations, and strategies regarding children’s mental health and attachment-based practices. This conference provides education and training for parents, caregivers, educators, and practitioners working to help children – from toddlers to teens – to be more resilient, attuned, and confident.
The conference will take place on November 26th & 27th, 2022, at the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT) in Edmonton. All full-day workshops will be in-person but also live-streamed for those who cannot drive into Edmonton or prefer to watch from the comfort of their home. The half-day workshops will be live-streamed and can be attended from the comfort of your own space.
ALL WORKSHOPS are Recorded, With Access for 60 Days.
This two-day event includes local Canadian-based experts (primarily from the Edmonton region) who will be sharing their knowledge and presenting on the following topics:
- Childhood Anxiety: Helping Children Heal (NAIT & Live-Streamed)
- Holistic Mental Health: The brain body connection (NAIT & Live-Streamed)
- Classroom Mental Health (NAIT & Live-Streamed)
- The Highly Sensitive Child (Online)
- The Impact of Technology (Online)
- Roadmap to Achieving Optimal, Holistic Wellbeing for your Family, (Online)
- Empowering Learners (Online)
- Childhood Trauma: Finding a way through (NAIT & Live-Streamed)
- Compassionate Discipline (NAIT & Live-Streamed)
- The Making of the Resilient Child (NAIT & Live-Streamed)
- Helping Children on the Autism Spectrum (Online)
- Trauma Informed Yoga with Breathwork for Kids (Online)
- Demystifying Childhood Sexuality (Online)
- Working with ADHD| Danyelle Lynch (Online)
One of the highlights of the conference is the keynote presentation by Dr. Laura Markham, trained clinical psychologist and author of three best-selling books on the Peaceful Parent series, who will be speaking on Parenting for Resilience (Online: Nov 26, 2022 ).
EARLY BIRD FREE GIFT
Along with 20% off, all early bird weekend ticket holders will receive a 3 hour e-course developed by the Co-Founder of ICP and Registered Psychologist, Tania Johnson, on Navigating Parental Stress.
Early Bird (August 29-October 15) passes take 20% off plus a free gift*
Weekend Pass: $200.00
Single Day Pass: $100.00
Pricing Starting October 16th:
Full price: $250.00
One-day pass: $125.00
The two-day Conference will follow the MST time zone starting at 9 am up to 5 pm. The event has been put together by the Institute of Child Psychology Founders duo Tammy Schamuhn, M.Sc and Tania Johnson, M.C. For more information on the presentations and time slot, please visit https://instituteofchildpsychologyconference.com/.