Our Data Use and Protection Policy
Should you interact with us in any way, we promise to treat your personal data with the utmost care and do all we can to comply with Canadian data laws and ethical standards.
The information we collect is for correspondence purposes only.
We DO NOT profile our participants/registrants in any way.
We DO NOT share our database with any other party. However, online workshops are provided via a third party website. If being manually added, your e-mail address and name will be provided to register.
We DO NOT sell our database to any other party.
We DO NOT collect or keep any credit card information obtained through online purchases.
We DO keep your purchase or event registration information on file but only for our own records and reports.
Certificates of Completion are provided for your professional education files; we DO NOT keep your continuing education history on record.
If you do not sign up for our newsletter, we will automatically archive your contact information for two years since the last recorded business with the Institute of Child Psychology to comply with Canadian data laws and standards.
If you wish to sign up for our newsletter, please click here. If you have contacted us or made a purchase with us and we do not have your consent on file to send you a newsletter, no further contact will come from us. If you change your mind about receiving our newsletters, you can unsubscribe with a simple click at the bottom. We kindly request that you do not mark our newsletters as spam.
We have never experienced a database breach, we ensure the best technical assistance to keep it that way. If you have any concerns regarding the information we have on file for you, we welcome you to contact our administration through telephone or e-mail at your convenience.
Workshop Refund and Cancellation Policy
The Institute of Child Psychology understands that schedules can change and despite a registrant’s best intentions they may not be able to attend a workshop.
If a registrant is unable to attend the workshop an alternate delegate is welcome to attend in their place.
If a substitute cannot be found, the Institute will accept cancellations and issue refunds under the following conditions:
- The cancellation is requested NO LESS than 30 days before an event.
- If the Institute of Child Psychology cancels a workshop for any reason, workshop registration fees will be fully refunded.
- Registration fees will be fully refunded if the registrant requests a cancellation no less than 30 days prior to the event.
- No refunds will be provided if the registrant cancels after the event date or is a “no-show” at the workshop.
- Refunds will only be issued in the original payment method.
- Tickets can be transferred to a third-party up until 1 week prior to the event date. We do request you advise the Institute of the name of the new ticket holder to avoid confusion at event check-in.
The Institute of Child Psychology is unable to issue any refunds for registrants unable to participate due to unforeseen emergencies, environmental conditions and/or acts of nature.
- Credit card holder’s account is automatically charged on the same date as the original transaction date on each corresponding month or on the initial sign up date annually for yearly memberships.
- Discounts or other special offers are only valid for initial term; subscriptions renew at the then-current full subscription rates.
- ICP may terminate the subscription and these terms if it is unable to renew the subscription based on inaccurate or outdated credit card information.
- Right of access granted under these Terms is effective only upon payment of the subscription fees.
- You can cancel your subscription from your learning portal.
- The only valid method for canceling your subscription is via the cancellation link provided within your learning portal, accessible after logging in to the ICP Website. Requests to cancel by e-mail do not accomplish the cancellation.
- Once you cancel your membership subscription, you will lose access immediately.
- Cancellation is irrevocable and not able to be reinstated unless a new membership fee is charged.
- Your membership will not continue through the end of your current charge cycle. For example: If your credit card is charged on the 10th of April and you cancel on April 25th, you will immediately lose access.
- Subscription fees are non-refundable.
- It is the responsibility of the subscription holder to maintain their account.
- Multiple accounts will not be refunded based on the fact that one user has multiple email addresses. It is the sole responsibility of the email account holder to cancel any unused subscriptions within the billing cycle to prevent multiple bills.