Our Data Use and Protection Policy
Should you interact with us in any way, we promise to treat your personal data with the utmost care and do all we can to comply with Canadian data laws and ethical standards.
The information we collect is for correspondence purposes only.
We DO NOT profile our participants/registrants in any way.
We DO NOT share our database with any other party. However, online workshops are provided via Teachable, a third party website. If being manually added, your e-mail address and name will be provided to register.
We DO NOT sell our database to any other party.
We DO NOT collect or keep any credit card information obtained through online purchases.
*Manual Credit Card Authorizations are securely stored for up to two years only for cardholder verifications purposes.
We DO keep your purchase or event registration information on file but only for our own records and reports.
Certificates of Completion are provided for your professional education files; we DO NOT keep your continuing education history on record.
If you do not sign up for our newsletter, we will automatically archive your contact information for two years since the last recorded business with the Institute of Child Psychology to comply with Canadian data laws and standards.
If you wish to sign up for our newsletter, please click here. If you have contacted us or made a purchase with us and we do not have your consent on file to send you a newsletter, no further contact will come from us. If you change your mind about receiving our newsletters, you can unsubscribe with a simple click at the bottom. We kindly request that you do not mark our newsletters as spam.
We have never experienced a database breach, we ensure the best technical assistance to keep it that way. If you have any concerns regarding the information we have on file for you, we welcome you to contact our administration through telephone or e-mail at your convenience.
Workshop Refund and Cancellation Policy
The Institute of Child Psychology understands that schedules can change and despite a registrant’s best intentions they may not be able to attend a workshop.
If a registrant is unable to attend the workshop an alternate delegate is welcome to attend in their place.
If a substitute cannot be found, the Institute will accept cancellations and issue refunds under the following conditions:
- The cancellation is requested NO LESS than 30 days before an event.
- If the Institute of Child Psychology cancels a workshop for any reason, workshop registration fees will be fully refunded.
- Registration fees will be fully refunded if the registrant requests a cancellation no less than 30 days prior to the event.
- No refunds will be provided if the registrant cancels after the event date or is a “no-show” at the workshop.
- Refunds will only be issued in the original payment method.
- Tickets can be transferred OR sold to a third-party at any time. We do request you advise the Institute of the name of the new ticketholder to avoid confusion at event check-in.
The Institute of Child Psychology is unable to issue any refunds for registrants unable to participate due to unforeseen emergencies, environmental conditions and/or acts of nature.