Does your child or the children you work with struggle with anxiety: panic attacks, separation anxiety, stomach aches, headaches, tantrums, obsessions/compulsions, avoidance of activities, racing thoughts, or troubles with sleep?
Anxiety has many faces, and in this course parents, caregivers, and professionals will learn about the psychological and physiological roots of anxiety, why it is on the rise in our children, and what to do to help children better manage it. Research and theory in the field of mental health and interpersonal neurobiology will be explored and attendees will be given resources and direct tools to help their child, or the children they work with, overcome this emotional obstacle.
This revolutionary course is taught by Registered Child Psychologist, Tammy Schamuhn, M.Sc, B.Ed., RPT-S, who specializes in childhood anxiety and trauma (Co-Founder of the Institute of Child Psychology) who is also a former elementary teacher, and mother of three.
This course has been taught live to sold out audiences all across North America for 4 years, and now has been turned into an online course so it is now accessible to everyone.
What Will I Learn?
- Identify neurobiological and physiological mechanisms that underlie anxiety
- Describe ways in which parenting styles can contribute to anxiety in children
- Implement a variety of emotion regulation strategies
- Recognize environmental and societal factors that contribute towards the increase in anxiety amongst children
- Explore pharmacological and naturopathic treatment options
- OUR MOST COMPREHENSIVE ONLINE COURSE
- ANXIETY TOOLBOX: Learn over 40+ techniques to manage a child or teen’s anxiety to tackle: Separation Anxiety, Panic Attacks, Racing Thoughts, Avoidance, Physical Complaints (headaches, stomach aches), Aggression/Tantrums, High Sensitivity.
- CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION with 9.5 instructional hours endorsed by the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association.
- RESOURCES: Access to dozens of mental health and parenting resources
- SUPPORT: Access to the instructors who teach each course should any questions arise.
- RISK FREE 30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE if you are not satisfied with your purchase.
- HELP ON DEMAND: Access to the instructor via email at any time.
- SELF PACED STUDY: No timeline for completion of the course.
There are no reviews yet.