Feeling like you can’t get to your child? At your wits end with disruptive behaviour? Feel that your children don’t listen to anything you say? Wondering if there is something more effective than yelling, time-outs, or physical discipline? Feeling overwhelmed as a parent and aren’t sure what else to do? …or maybe you are just trying to look for ways to be the best parent you can be while honoring the relationship with your child.
This course will begin with an overview of neurological development of children and how this accounts for their struggles with emotion regulation and impulse control. A thorough overview of attachment will be covered: parents will be able to identify and comprehend their current attachment style with their child, how that impacts behaviour, and how to strengthen the attachment should their be issues with connecting.
Our Co-Founder, Tammy Schamuhn, Registered Psychologist and Registered Play Therapist will guide parents and caregivers through effective discipline strategies that honor the relationship with their child and foster neurological development. Furthermore, they will have a better understanding of “what gets in the way” of emotional health in children, and how modern-day discipline can go very wrong with our children [and why it just doesn’t work for us long-term]. All strategies are science-informed, evidence-based, and practical for parenting children. This course is packed with resources, links, and videos on top of the 6.5 hours of curriculum!
This revolutionary course is taught by Registered Child Psychologist, Tammy Schamuhn, M.Sc, B.Ed., RPT-S (Co-Founder of the Institute of Child Psychology) who is also a former elementary teacher, and mother of three.
This course has been taught live all across North America to sold out audiences, and now has been turned into an online course so it is now accessible to everyone.
- Identify parenting tools that foster healthy brain development [children ages 2-11]
- Describe ways in which many current parenting strategies are developmentally inappropriate for children
- Recognize triggers in children and how to take proactive* verses reactive approach to parenting
- Implement a variety of strategies to cope with aggression, anger, anxiety, inattention, tantrums, whining, and emotional dysregulation
- Understand how to reach your child, redirect emotions, and promote psychological growth
- PROFESSIONAL GUIDANCE: Offered by not only an expert in the field of child psychology, but by a mother of three and former elementary teacher.
- PARENTING TOOLBOX: Learn over 25+ strategies to manage behaviour, foster resiliency, teach emotion regulation, and deepen the connection be- tween parents and their children.
- CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION with 6.5 instructional hours endorsed by the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association.
- RESOURCES: Access to dozens of mental health and parenting resources
- SUPPORT: Access to the instructors who teach each course should any questions arise.
- RISK FREE 30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE if you are not satisfied with your purchase. Completed courses will not be eligible for refunds. (Note: Refunds will not granted in lieu of the purchase of an ICP membership)
- HELP ON DEMAND: Access to the instructor via email at any time.
- SELF PACED STUDY: No timeline for completion of the course.
** THIS COURSE CAN BE USED TOWARDS ICP’S CERTIFICATION IN CHILDREN’S MENTAL HEALTH FUNDAMENTALS **
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR:
This presentation is appropriate for parents, educators, child care professionals, caregivers, and mental health professionals.
All courses offered by ICP are for individual use only. Using them for corporate/group training, or shared purposes are a violation of copyright law. Furthermore, all products/services provided by the Institute of Child Psychology, along with all workshop materials, are strictly for educational purposes only and cannot be categorized as psychological or mental health services.
UNABLE TO AFFORD REGISTRATION?
We offer subsidized tickets to those who have limited income!
Please contact our administration team for further assistance at email@example.com.