Resilient kids are confident problem solvers, critical thinkers, independent, motivated, have a high self-esteem, and are courageous in navigating life’s challenges. This course equips you with the tools to help your child, or the children in your life, to live a resilient life.
Join the Institute of Child Psychology for an online course packed with the latest interpersonal neurobiology on resiliency. Although individual temperament plays a factor in resiliency, it is primarily a learned skill. As Dr. Ungar, from the Resilience Research Centre, states: “Resilience is both the capacity of individuals to navigate their way to the psychological, social, cultural and physical resources that sustain their well-being, and their capacity individually and collectively to negotiate for these resources in culturally meaningful ways” (http;//resilienceresearch.org). Resiliency is the ability to embrace a world-view that boosts psychological well-being, while also developing interpersonal skills that promote connection and joy.
In nurturing resiliency-based skills early on in life, you proactively guide your child, or the children you work with, towards living a life of courage, authenticity and passion. This course focuses on practical skills to help your child, or the children you work with, to develop GRIT, to foster a Growth Mindset, to enhance social and emotional intelligence, and to face life with braveness, kindness, and gratitude.
- Introduction to the neuroscience of resiliency
- Tools and tips on fostering Social and Emotional Intelligence
- Discussion on helping kids to make mistakes, take risks, and embrace failure
- Examining tools that nurture confidence and strength in children
- Exploring a Growth Mindset verse a Fixed Mindset
- Cultivating habits to develop kind, empathetic, courageous kids
- PROFESSIONAL GUIDANCE: Offered by an an expert in the field of child psychology
- TOOLBOX: Learn over 25+ strategies to foster resiliency, cortical brain development, and a growth mindset
- CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION with 6.5 instructional hours endorsed by the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association.
- RESOURCES: Access a comprehensive list of mental health and parenting resources
- HELP ON DEMAND: Access to the instructor who teaches each course should any questions arise.
- SELF PACED STUDY: No timeline for completion of the course.
** THIS COURSE CAN BE USED TOWARDS ICP’S CERTIFICATION IN CHILDREN’S MENTAL HEALTH FUNDAMENTALS **
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR:
This presentation is appropriate for parents, educators, child care professionals, caregivers, and mental health professionals.
All courses offered by ICP are for individual use only. Using them for corporate/group training, or shared purposes are a violation of copyright law. Furthermore, all products/services provided by the Institute of Child Psychology, along with all workshop materials, are strictly for educational purposes only and cannot be categorized as psychological or mental health services.
UNABLE TO AFFORD REGISTRATION?
We offer subsidized tickets to those who have limited income!
Please contact our administration team for further assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THIS COURSE IN THIS SHORT VIDEO: