Are you ready to learn how to teach children ways to breathe to help their bodies and minds relax? Do you have a deep desire to support children’s health and well-being? If you have seen children you care about struggling with big emotions such as anger or frustration and you desire to help them, this course is for you.
In this course you will learn how to offer simple, age-appropriate breathing tools for children
to use during stressful and anxious times. Breathwork for Kids prepares you to confidently deliver a variety of breathing techniques to kids, tweens and teens.
Discover techniques and props to establish daily practices for children of all ages. Confidently share proper breathing techniques, which will give children effective tools they can use on a daily basis.
Breathing practices for kids work beautifully to calm children and supports them to learn how to bring themselves back into the present moment. You will learn ways to teach children not only how to breathe correctly and efficiently, but also to enjoy breathwork and want to independently use breathing techniques when difficult feelings arise.
Breathwork for Kids Course includes case studies that demonstrate how to overcome common
challenges when introducing different breathing methods with kids. You will learn when not to offer breathing with kids and important clues to watch out for as an indicator to stop the practice.
This course also provides applications for Children with Diverse Needs and Trauma Informed Breathwork practices.
Bonus Course materials include recommendations of breathing props and tools, breathing playlist
access, breathing games video, as well as a Workbook of Foundational Yoga Breathing Techniques for developing skills, with over 20 breathing styles for kids of all ages.
- Learn daily breathing practices for adults and the importance of practicing calming techniques to model healthy calming habits for children.
- Understand the benefits and importance of breathwork for kids.
- Fully prepare and know what to expect when sharing breathwork for different ages and stages of childhood development.
- Have a variety of hands-on tools to share breathing with children that provide healthy benefits while being engaging and fun.
- Study a variety of case studies of challenging situations that commonly arise when introducing breathwork, and to learn to recognize these behaviors and adapt the practices to ensure a positive experience for kids of all ages.
- CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION with 2.0 instructional hours endorsed by the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association.
- RESOURCES: Access to several mental health and parenting resources
- SUPPORT: Access to the instructors who teach each course should any questions arise.
- RISK FREE 30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE if you are not satisfied with your purchase. Completed courses will not be eligible for refunds. (Note: Refunds will not granted in lieu of the purchase of a ICP membership)
- HELP ON DEMAND: Access to the instructor via email at any time.
- SELF PACED STUDY: No timeline for completion of the course.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR:
This presentation is appropriate for parents, educators, child care professionals, caregivers, and mental health professionals.
Did you know you can take ANY of the courses in our comprehensive library for a single, affordable fee?
For only $15.99/month you can access *any* of our pre-recorded courses.
You can get a 7-day free trial to check it out.
All courses offered by ICP are for individual use only. Using them for corporate/group training, or shared purposes are a violation of copyright law. Furthermore, all products/services provided by the Institute of Child Psychology, along with all workshop materials, are strictly for educational purposes only and cannot be categorized as psychological or mental health services.
***This workshop is not owned by ICP and therefore may be removed by discretion of the contractor at any time, with 90 day notice.