Does your child struggle with inattention, hyperactivity, distractibility, issues focussing at school, fails to complete assigned tasks, or avoidance of activities that require sustained focus?
A diagnosis of ADHD can feel overwhelming and confusing for many families and caregivers; and even if your child hasn’t been formally diagnosed, this course will help those caregivers whose children struggle with attention-related issues.
This online workshop focuses on taking the fear out of the diagnosis by empowering you to become the agent of change in a child’s life. This workshop will begin with an introduction the neurobiological and environmental roots of ADHD, followed by an exploration of effective and ineffective caregiving strategies and skills, with a final look at the importance of relationship-based caring. Parents, caregivers, and mental health professionals will walk away with a full “tool-box” of tools and resources to help the children in their lives thrive.
- Identifying neurological and environmental factors which contribute to ADHD
- Exploring triggers which fuel impulsivity and hyperactivity
- Understanding the impact of a strong, connected relationship
- Developing strategies and tools to help your child
- Nurturing emotional intelligence and resilience
- PROFESSIONAL GUIDANCE: Offered by an an expert in the field of child psychology
- TOOLBOX: Learn over 25+ strategies to manage behaviour, foster resiliency and teach emotion regulation
- CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION with 6.5 instructional hours endorsed by the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association.
- RESOURCES: Access to dozens of mental health and parenting resources
- HELP ON DEMAND: Access to the instructor who teaches each course should any questions arise.
- SELF PACED STUDY: No timeline for completion of the course.
Did you know you can take ANY of the courses in our comprehensive library for a single, affordable fee? For only $18.99/month you can access *any* of our pre-recorded courses. You can get a 7-Day free trial to check it out.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR:
This presentation is appropriate for parents, educators, child care professionals, caregivers, and mental health professionals.
All courses offered by ICP are for individual use only. Using them for corporate/group training, or shared purposes are a violation of copyright law. Furthermore, all products/services provided by the Institute of Child Psychology, along with all workshop materials, are strictly for educational purposes only and cannot be categorized as psychological or mental health services.
UNABLE TO AFFORD REGISTRATION?
We offer subsidized tickets to those who have limited income!
Please contact our administration team for further assistance at email@example.com.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THIS COURSE IN THIS SHORT VIDEO: