Childhood Trauma: Finding a Way Through [Online]
Has your child or a child you are supporting experienced physical or sexual abuse? Exposed to the foster care system? Suffered through a tragic event? Experienced neglect? Witnessed or experienced violence? Endured extreme bullying? Or been impacted by a high-conflict divorce?
Trauma can significantly impact a child, and those caring for them are often left with questions about how to best help. Children with trauma can present significant challenges. They often display patterns of behaviour that can strain the relationship between the child and those caring for them. During this seminar we will explore the impact of trauma on neurological development and how this presents in children’s behaviours. The impact on the attachment system will also be examined, as will the role of relationship in healing and growth. Strategies to support children following experiences of trauma will be presented, giving attendees concrete ways in which they can support the children in their lives and care for themselves.
This course aims to offer practical information to caregivers and professionals on why certain behaviours may be present, and how they can support their children in moving towards growth and healing.
- Examine the impact of trauma on neurological development
- Explore the impact of trauma on attachment systems and relational patterns
- Foster a greater understanding of behavioural patterns commonly associated with traumatic experiences.
- Develop tools and strategies to support the children in
- Learn about appropriate treatment options available based on the type of trauma a child has experienced and the timing of the incident
- Highlight the importance of self-care for those who are supporting children that have experiences of trauma
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE?
This presentation is appropriate for parents, educators, child care professionals, caregivers, and mental health professionals.
HOW MANY HOURS OF INSTRUCTION DO I GET?
This course is composed of approximately 6.0 instructional hours (plus additional videos)
WHEN DOES THE COURSE START AND FINISH?
The course starts as soon as you register. It is a completely self-paced online course – you decide when you start and when you finish.
HOW LONG WILL I HAVE ACCESS TO THIS COURSE?
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like – across any and all devices you own.
WHAT IF I AM UNSATISFIED WITH THE COURSE?
If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us in the first 30 days and we will give you a full refund.