Is your child struggling lately with more worries and fears than usual? Are you noticing that their worries are getting in the way of their day-to-day activities or stopping them from being able to do the same things their friends are enjoying? Have you found yourself questioning how to talk about anxiety with your child in a way that they can connect with? Having troubles explaining exactly ‘what is anxiety’ in a way that your child understands? Or do you simply want to start to introduce to your child an understanding of how to manage difficult emotions in an effective way?
This course is an interactive, engaging, and fun way to explain the concepts around childhood anxiety, worry and fear to your child. Based on our children’s storybook, Cindy and Cristabelle’s Big Scare and real animals at Lil’ Steps Wellness Farm; this course will assist you as a caregiver to help your child with the difficulties that can come along with anxiety. The course will provide you with a better understanding of exactly what anxiety is, how anxiety works in the brain and the body, and evidence-based and practical strategies for your child to manage it in a healthier way.
Lucy Sloan, a Registered Counsellor and Animal-Assisted Therapist along with Joanne Lariviere, a Registered Social Worker with a Master’s in Counselling, will guide you along the way as both mothers and professionals in the field. They will provide you with an in-depth look at the tools needed to assist your child in addressing difficult emotions by understanding the concepts of self-regulation, co-regulation, when anxiety becomes a problem, and how to teach this to your child from a strength-based perspective. All this will be done with the help of Lil’ Steps Wellness Farm’s animal co-workers; Cindy and Cristabelle the fainting goats and of course our famous Wilbert the Pig!
In addition to over 3 hours of curriculum, you will also receive the audio read aloud and your very own copy of our story, Cindy and Cristabelle’s Big Scare, for you and your child to enjoy together, a practical parent/caregiver manual, interactive animated lessons for your child to understand the strategies taught in the course, videos guiding you along the way, and much more!
- Understand the basics to anxiety, worry, and fear and how this impacts your child.
- Gain a better knowledge of how you as a parent/caregiver influence your child’s emotions and experiences.
- Provide interactive and fun approaches for your child to understand how they are influenced by anxiety.
- To develop a toolbox of strategies that you and your child can develop together to address the difficulties that can come along with anxiety.
- To learn how to teach your child emotional regulation skills with the use of animal-assisted and play-based therapy techniques.
- CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION with 3.5 instructional hours.
- RESOURCES: Access to several mental health and parenting resources
- SUPPORT: Access to the instructors who teach each course should any questions arise.
- HELP ON DEMAND: Access to the instructor via email at any time.
- SELF PACED STUDY: No timeline for completion of the course.
Did you know you can take ANY of the courses in our comprehensive library for a single, affordable fee? For only $18.99/month you can access *any* of our pre-recorded courses. You can get a 7-Day free trial to check it out.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR:
This presentation is appropriate for parents, educators, child care professionals, caregivers, and mental health professionals.
All courses offered by ICP are for individual use only. Using them for corporate/group training, or shared purposes are a violation of copyright law. Furthermore, all products/services provided by the Institute of Child Pyschology, along with all workshop materials, are strictly for educational purposes only and cannot be categorized as psychological or mental health services.
***This workshop is not owned by ICP and therefore may be removed by discretion of the contractor at any time, with 90 day notice.
UNABLE TO AFFORD REGISTRATION?
We offer subsidized tickets to those who have limited income!
Please contact our administration team for further assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.