Classroom Mental Health [Online Course Pre-Sale]
*PRE-SALE – THIS PRODUCT WILL BE AVAILABLE : AUGUST 1, 2019
Educators are often faced with very unique and challenging issues in the classroom. At any given time, an educator will have students dealing with a variety of issues including trauma, anger/aggression, anxiety, grief, depression, or self-harm – often these challenges are expressed as negative behaviour in the classroom.
This workshop will help you to decode behaviours, understand the signs of common psychological issues, and empower you with the tools to help bring your students to a place of connection and safety. Educators will leave with a toolbox of strategies to help children who are struggling with relationships in the classroom, anxiety, emotional regulation, depression and attention- based issues. Connection, co-regulation, respectful communication and resilience are central themes in helping you to create a classroom that is inclusive, safe, and deeply accepting of all students.
‘Classroom Mental Health’ is intended to help educators to create a psychologically safe environment for students, but please note, it is not intended to replace the vital work of a Mental Health Professional.
- Discuss the role of attachment in creating safe classroom environments
- Explore how physical classroom environments ( lighting, seating and decor) impact student success
- Identify common psychological issues experienced by students
- Connect “red flag behaviours” with deeper issues
- Create a toolbox of strategies to help children struggling with anxiety, trauma, regulation, depression, attentional – based issues and relationships
- Examine the efficacy of rewards and punishments
- Discuss the importance of self-care for educators
Tania Johnson, R. Psychologist, R. Play Therapist, Co-Founder: Institute of Child Psychology
WHO IS THIS COURSE DESIGNED FOR:
- Parents / Caregivers / Guardians
- Teachers / Teachers Aides
- Mental Health Professionals
WHEN DOES THE COURSE START AND FINISH:
The course starts as soon as you register. It is a completely self-paced online course – you decide when you start and when you finish.
HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO TAKE THE COURSE?
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like – across any and all devices you own.
WHAT IF I AM UNSATISFIED WITH THE COURSE?
If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us in the first 30 days and we will give you a full refund.