Educators are often faced with very unique and challenging issues in the classroom. At any given time, an educator will have students dealing with a variety of issues including trauma, anger/aggression, anxiety, grief, depression, or self-harm – often these challenges are expressed as negative behaviour in the classroom.
This online course will help you to decode behaviours, understand the signs of common psychological issues, and empower you with the tools to help bring your students to a place of connection and safety. Educators will gain a toolbox of strategies to help children who are struggling with relationships in the classroom, anxiety, emotional regulation, depression and attention- based issues. Connection, co-regulation, respectful communication and resilience are central themes in helping you to create a classroom that is inclusive, safe, and deeply accepting of all students.
‘Classroom Mental Health’ is intended to help educators to create a psychologically safe environment for students, but please note, it is not intended to replace the vital work of a Mental Health Professional.
- Examine the role of attachment in creating safe classroom environments
- Explore how physical classroom environments ( lighting, seating and decor) impact student success
- Identify common psychological issues experienced by students
- Connect “red flag behaviours” with deeper issues
- Create a toolbox of strategies to help children struggling with anxiety, trauma, regulation, depression, attentional – based issues and relationships
- Examine the efficacy of rewards and punishments
- Explore the importance of self-care for educators
- PROFESSIONAL GUIDANCE: Offered by an an experts in the field of child psychology; one who is a former elementary teacher
- TOOLBOX: Learn over 25+ strategies to manage behaviour, foster resiliency and emotion regulation
- CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION with 6.5 instructional hours endorsed by the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association.
- RESOURCES: Access a comprehensive list of mental health and parenting resources
- LIFETIME ACCESS: No rush to complete, as long as this course is hosted on our platform it will be available to you
- SELF PACED STUDY: No timeline for completion of the course.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR:
This presentation is appropriate for parents, educators, child care professionals, caregivers, and mental health professionals.
All courses offered by ICP are for individual use only. Using them for corporate/group training, or shared purposes are a violation of copyright law. Furthermore, all products/services provided by the Institute of Child Psychology, along with all workshop materials, are strictly for educational purposes only and cannot be categorized as psychological or mental health services.
UNABLE TO AFFORD REGISTRATION?
We offer subsidized tickets to those who have limited income!
Please contact our administration team for further assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THIS COURSE IN THIS SHORT VIDEO: