Compassionate Discipline: Raising Resilient Children [Online Course]
Feeling like you can’t get to your child? At your wits end with disruptive behaviour? Feel that your children don’t listen to anything you say? Wondering if there is something more effective than yelling, time-outs, or physical discipline? Feeling overwhelmed as a parent and aren’t sure what else to do?
…Or maybe you are just trying to look for ways to be the best parent you can be while honouring the relationship with your child.
This course will begin with an overview of neurological development of children and how this accounts for their struggles with emotion regulation and impulse control. A thorough overview of attachment will be covered: parents will be able to identify and comprehend their current attachment style with their child, how that impacts behaviour, and how to strengthen the attachment should their be issues with connecting.
Our Co-Founder, Tammy Schamuhn, Registered Psychologist and Registered Play Therapist will guide parents and caregivers through effective discipline strategies that honour the relationship with their child and foster neurological development. Furthermore, they will have a better understanding of “what gets in the way” of emotional health in children, and how modern-day discipline can go very wrong with our chidlren [and why it just doesn’t work for us long-term]. All strategies are science-informed, evidence-based, and practical for parenting children.
This workshop will empower parents to be the best version of themselves, while promoting secure attachments that nurture self-regulation, resilience, and compassion in children.
- Identify parenting tools that foster healthy brain development [children ages 2-11]
- Describe ways in which many current parenting strategies are developmentally inappropriate for children
- Recognize triggers in children and how to take proactive* verses reactive approach to parenting
- Implement a variety of strategies to cope with aggression, anger, anxiety, inattention, tantrums, whining, and emotional dysregulation
- Understand how to reach your child, redirect emotions, and promote psychological growth
WHO IS THIS COURSE DESIGNED FOR:
- Parents / Caregivers / Guardians
- Teachers / Teachers Aides
- Mental Health Professionals
WHEN DOES THE COURSE START AND FINISH:
The course starts as soon as you register. It is a completely self-paced online course – you decide when you start and when you finish.
HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO TAKE THE COURSE?
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like – across any and all devices you own.
If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us in the first 30 days and we will give you a full refund.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THIS COURSE IN THIS SHORT VIDEO