Compassionate Discipline: Raising Resilient Children [Online Course]
*NOTE: When you check out, the price of the course will be converted to Canadian Dollars, as we’re a Canadian company
Feeling like you can’t get to your child? At your wits end with disruptive behaviour? Feel that your children don’t listen to anything you say? Wondering if there is something more effective than yelling, time-outs, or physical discipline? Feeling overwhelmed as a parent and aren’t sure what else to do? …or maybe you are just trying to look for ways to be the best parent you can be while honoring the relationship with your child.
This course will begin with an overview of neurological development of children and how this accounts for their struggles with emotion regulation and impulse control. A thorough overview of attachment will be covered: parents will be able to identify and comprehend their current attachment style with their child, how that impacts behaviour, and how to strengthen the attachment should their be issues with connecting.
Our Co-Founder, Tammy Schamuhn, Registered Psychologist and Registered Play Therapist will guide parents and caregivers through effective discipline strategies that honor the relationship with their child and foster neurological development. Furthermore, they will have a better understanding of “what gets in the way” of emotional health in children, and how modern-day discipline can go very wrong with our children [and why it just doesn’t work for us long-term]. All strategies are science-informed, evidence-based, and practical for parenting children. This course is packed with resources, links, and videos on top of the 6.5 hours of curriculum!
This revolutionary course is taught by Registered Child Psychologist, Tammy Schamuhn, M.Sc, B.Ed., RPT-S (Co-Founder of the Institute of Child Psychology) who is also a former elementary teacher, and mother of three.
This course has been taught live all across North America to sold out audiences, and now has been turned into an online course so it is now accessible to everyone.
What Will I Learn?
- Identify parenting tools that foster healthy brain development [children ages 2-11]
- Describe ways in which many current parenting strategies are developmentally inappropriate for children
- Recognize triggers in children and how to take proactive* verses reactive approach to parenting
- Implement a variety of strategies to cope with aggression, anger, anxiety, inattention, tantrums, whining, and emotional dysregulation
- Understand how to reach your child, redirect emotions, and promote psychological growth
- PROFESSIONAL GUIDANCE: Offered by not only an expert in the field of child psychology, but by a mother of three and former elementary teacher.
- PARENTING TOOLBOX: Learn over 25+ strategies to manage behaviour, foster resiliency, teach emotion regulation, and deepen the connection be- tween parents and their children.
- CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION with 6.5 instructional hours endorsed by the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association.
- RESOURCES: Access to dozens of mental health and parenting resources
- SUPPORT: Access to the instructors who teach each course should any questions arise.
- RISK FREE 30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE if you are not satisfied with your purchase.
- HELP ON DEMAND: Access to the instructor via email at any time.
- SELF PACED STUDY: No timeline for completion of the course.
More About Your Instructor
Tammy Schamuhn is a Registered Psychologist, Registered Play Therapist, Registered Play Therapist Supervisor, and the Co-Founder of the Institute of Child Psychology. She has a Bachelors of Education from the University of Alberta and practiced as an Elementary Teacher in Canada before going on to do her Masters degree in Psychology. She is also the Founder and Executive Director of Family Counselling Centres where she and her team treat children, adolescents, and their families through the use of a variety of types of therapies. Her clinic also utilized animals in their practice, as Tammy has developed a canine-assisted and equine-assisted therapy programs for treating children and teens.
Furthermore, she also runs an extensive clinical internship program at her clinic where she trains masters-level interns who are training to become child psychologists, and provides clinical supervision to newly licensed provisional psychologists in the province of Alberta.
She approaches her clinical and consultative work with parents and professionals with an attachment and neurobiological lens: all of her work is based on the neurology of the brain and how attachment is integral to adaptive functioning of both children and adults.
Learn more about this course in this short video: