**This is a recording of a Live Presentation given at the Institute of Child Psychology’s 2021 Children’s Mental Health Conference.
Connected Parenting: How to Raise a Great Kid
Developmental experiences have a profound impact on how a mature brain functions. The more pleasant experiences a child’s brain has, the more the brain specializes for positivity. In fact, scientists now know that strong bonding between parent and child increases the reward chemicals in the brain which have been proven to increase trust, deescalate heated situations, decrease anxiety and significantly improve emotional resilience. Parents are intimately responsible for this brain development and although they want to do everything possible to give their children the tools for resilience, social health and happiness, they don’t always know how. This must also be balanced with limit setting which is critical to a child’s emotional safety and optimal brain growth. In fact, parents are not really parents at all… They are substitute frontal lobes… providing inhibition, motivation and regulation by co-regulating until children develop a fully formed frontal lobe of their own. Connected Parenting brings these two essential factors together in a beautiful method based in Psycho-Neurobiology.
Outline of Session:
Jennifer Kolari will use her signature warmth and humour to demonstrate how a few changes in how you communicate can actually stimulate the production of Oxytocin in the brain. This not only reduces anxiety, but also increases compliancy, builds resilience, and deescalates any situation. Through case studies and examples, Kolari will demonstrate how her CALM technique has become a blueprint for peaceful interactions that build strong relationships and happier families.
- Discuss the importance of brain plasticity and the adult’s role in helping children develop strong emotional hardware to regulate their moods.
- Better understand the importance of neutral, predictable limit setting on good mental and social health.
- Define the unique and important emotional and developmental milestones in adolescence.
- Understand the impact of social media on the emotional health of teens
- Learn to share the Connected Parenting method with others so they can use these techniques in practice
CONFERENCE RECORDING HIGHLIGHTS
- CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION with 6.5 instructional hours & successful completion of a quiz.
- RESOURCES: Access to several mental health and parenting resources.
- SUPPORT: Access to the Institute should any questions arise.
- SELF-PACED: Take as much time as needed to complete this course
- LIFETIME ACCESS: As long as this course is being hosted on our platform, it will be available to you
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR:
This presentation is appropriate for parents, educators, child care professionals, caregivers, and mental health professionals.
All courses offered by ICP are for individual use only. Using them for corporate/group training, or shared purposes are a violation of copyright law. Furthermore, all products/services provided by the Institute of Child Psychology, along with all workshop materials, are strictly for educational purposes only and cannot be categorized as psychological or mental health services.