Preschoolers can be a handful: wild, creative, emotional, and ever-so messy! They bring in so much life and light into our lives, but SO MUCH CHAOS. Best described, parenting a toddler can feel like herding cats. Up one minute, down the next, and every so busy.
Did you know that 90% of the brain growth of your child happens before 5 years old?! Parenting with purpose, armed with the correct knowledge can set your child up for a lifetime of success cognitively, emotionally, and socially. We’re here to give you insight into this challenging age and provide you some evidence -based strategies to connect to your child, while also re-directing challenging behaviours. We will also guide you in how to foster whole-brain development to set your little one up for success.
Our Co-Founder, Tammy Schamuhn, Registered Psychologist, Registered Play Therapist, and mother of three, will take you on an educational journey where you will feel supported in setting a foundation of success for your child. All strategies and information provided is informed by neuroscience, developmental psychology, and practical for parenting young children.
- Better understand the stage of stage of psychological growth a child is in, and how to make developmentally appropriate accommodations
- Identify strategies that foster healthy brain development [children ages 2-5 years]
- Describe parenting/caretaking strategies that are developmentally appropriate for children in this age range
- Understand how to reach your child, redirect emotions, and promote psychological growth
- Decode challenging behaviours, and learn to connect during those difficult moments
- CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION with 3.0 instructional hours endorsed by the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association.
- RESOURCES: Access to several mental health and parenting resources
- SUPPORT: Access to the instructors who teach each course should any questions arise.
- LIFETIME ACCESS: No rush to complete; the course will be available to you for as long as the course is hosted on our platform.
- SELF PACED STUDY: No timeline for completion of the course.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR:
This presentation is appropriate for parents, educators, child care professionals, caregivers, and mental health professionals.
All courses offered by ICP are for individual use only. Using them for corporate/group training, or shared purposes are a violation of copyright law. Furthermore, all products/services provided by the Institute of Child Psychology, along with all workshop materials, are strictly for educational purposes only and cannot be categorized as psychological or mental health services.
UNABLE TO AFFORD REGISTRATION?
We offer subsidized tickets to those who have limited income!
Please contact our administration team for further assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.