Poor self-esteem, feelings of hopelessness or helplessness, loss of concentration, poor attention, inability to make decisions, loss of confidence in abilities, difficulty in thinking, chronic feelings of guilt, suicidal ideation, history of self-harm, low energy, apathy, change in appetite, shifts in sleep patterns, or poor motivation.
Depression can significantly impact a child, and those caring for them are often left with questions about how to best help. In this workshop parents and professionals will learn more about childhood depression and how to best help children and teens manage it. All strategies are science-informed, and practical for working with children and youth. This workshop will empower adults to be agents of change in a child’s life offering concrete ways in which they can support the children in their lives.
- Learn to differentiate between sadness/depressed mood and Clinical Depression (DSM-V)
- Explore what depression looks like in young children verses adolescents
- Introduction to the neuropsychological, genetic, and developmental roots of depression
- Recognize the societal factors/modern day environment that contribute to the current increase in depression amongst children
- Discover how to nurture resiliency in children, and the impact of a connected relationship
- Identifying parenting tools and strategies for coping with depression
- Discovering holistic treatment options for wellbeing
- TOOLBOX: Learn over 30+ holistic strategies to help a child identify, express and explore emotions
- CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION with 6 instructional hours endorsed by the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association.
- RESOURCES: Workbook to complete and Access to several mental health and parenting resources
- SUPPORT: Access to the instructors who teach each course should any questions arise.
- HELP ON DEMAND: Access to the instructor via email at any time.
- SELF PACED STUDY: No timeline for completion of the course.
Did you know you can take ANY of the courses in our comprehensive library for a single, affordable fee? For only $18.99/month you can access *any* of our pre-recorded courses. You can get a 7-Day free trial to check it out.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR:
This presentation is appropriate for parents, educators, child care professionals, caregivers, and mental health professionals.
All courses offered by ICP are for individual use only. Using them for corporate/group training, or shared purposes are a violation of copyright law. Furthermore, all products/services provided by the Institute of Child Psychology, along with all workshop materials, are strictly for educational purposes only and cannot be categorized as psychological or mental health services.
UNABLE TO AFFORD REGISTRATION?
We offer subsidized tickets to those who have limited income!
Please contact our administration team for further assistance at email@example.com.