**This is a recording of a Live Presentation given at the Institute of Child Psychology’s 2022 Children’s Mental Health Conference. As it is a Live recording, please note that there may be unscheduled technical difficulties, pauses/breaks, as well as reading of comments which you may not be able to see.
Exploring Gender Identity & Sexual Orientation in Youth
At what age do children understand gender? Would you like to understand how gender and sexual orientation develop, and the various terms currently being used by youth to describe their identities? Would you like to learn how to talk to kids about gender and sexual orientation? Maybe you have a child struggling to understand their own gender and/or sexuality and you want to understand what is going on for them.
2SLGBTQIA+, QTBIPOC, Two Spirit, non-binary, transgender, cisgender, queer, intersex, lesbian, gay, straight, bisexual, pansexual, demisexual, asexual, aromantic, questioning… Identity can be a lot to sort out for kids and teens, and it can be challenging for the adults in their lives to know how to best support them through their exploration. There are a lot of fears and misunderstandings. By educating ourselves, we can help create an environment that will support them to develop resilience and a positive self-concept.
- Understand the current concepts and terminology relating to gender identity and sexual orientation
- Explore the latest research on matters affecting 2SLGBTQ+ children and youth
- Understand the difference between gender and sexual orientation, and how they each develop through childhood, adolescence, and into adulthood
- Explore ways to support children and youth in their own or others’ sexual and gender development
- Identify resources in the community to support children who are struggling
CONFERENCE RECORDING HIGHLIGHTS
- CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION with 3.0 instructional hours & successful completion of a short quiz.
- RESOURCES: Access to several mental health and parenting resources.
- SUPPORT: Access to the institute should any questions arise.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR:
This presentation is appropriate for parents, educators, child care professionals, caregivers, and mental health professionals.
Did you know you can take ANY of the courses in our comprehensive library for a single, affordable fee?
For only $15.99/month you can access *any* of our pre-recorded courses.
You can get a 7-day free trial to check it out.
All courses offered by ICP are for individual use only. Using them for corporate/group training, or shared purposes are a violation of copyright law. Furthermore, all products/services provided by the Institute of Child Psychology, along with all workshop materials, are strictly for educational purposes only and cannot be categorized as psychological or mental health services.
***This workshop is not owned by ICP and therefore may be removed by discretion of the contractor at any time, with 90 day notice.