Have you been delaying talking to your children about the birds and the bees? Perhaps you are feeling nervous about saying the wrong thing, embarrassed at thinking about some of your child’s questions, or perhaps you actually just have no idea what to say!
While there are many things that worry us as caregivers, talking to children and adolescents about relationships, sex, and consent is commonly rated as pretty stressful. Unfortunately, without having safe and knowledgeable adults to answer some of their big questions, kids will have to find other ways of accessing the information. This can lead to shame, stigmas, and a variety of misinformation. By educating yourself and being available for conversation, you are not only ensuring that your child has access to relevant information but you are also ensuring that you get a chance to discuss morals and values with them to help them make lifelong, healthy, and empowering decisions for themselves.
- Understand the importance of comprehensive sexual health education
- Recognize signs indicating both healthy and unhealthy relationships and communication
- Develop language to assist in teaching children about their bodies and sexuality
- Learn tips for discussing topics such as safe sex practices, masturbation, pornography and diversity
- Develop a thorough understanding of consent and how to empower young people to assert their boundaries
- CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION with 2 instructional hours.
- RESOURCES: Access to several mental health and parenting resources
- SUPPORT: Access to the instructors who teach each course should any questions arise.
- RISK FREE 30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE if you are not satisfied with your purchase (Note: Refunds will not granted in lieu of the purchase of a ICP membership)
- HELP ON DEMAND: Access to the instructor via email at any time.
- SELF PACED STUDY: No timeline for completion of the course.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR:
This presentation is appropriate for parents, educators, child care professionals, caregivers, and mental health professionals.
All courses offered by ICP are for individual use only. Using them for corporate/group training, or shared purposes are a violation of copyright law. Furthermore, all products/services provided by the Institute of Child Psychology, along with all workshop materials, are strictly for educational purposes only and cannot be categorized as psychological or mental health services.
***This workshop is not owned by ICP and therefore may be removed by discretion of the contractor at any time, with 90 day notice.
UNABLE TO AFFORD REGISTRATION?
We offer subsidized tickets to those who have limited income!
Please contact our administration team for further assistance at email@example.com.