Has your child been diagnosed with a medical illness? Is your child struggling with multiple appointments and medical procedures? Are you and your child struggling with fear of procedures like needles and blood work? Is your child afraid to go to appointments with the doctor or the dentist? Perhaps your child is reactive or emotionally disconnected when it comes time to go to a clinic or hospital for physical care? Are you looking for support with helping your child understand health care procedures?
Health care experiences can be intimidating for adults let alone children of various ages. While some children are not impacted by procedures and the healthcare field, others develop sensitivities and fears associated with appointments and procedures. During this workshop we will explore child friendly ways to explain necessary procedures to children, community resources to help, and coping strategies to empower children and their parents as they navigate healthcare experiences.
- Identify the various root causes and triggers of health related fears
- Examine ways to foster a healthy relationship with medical experiences
- Explore concrete tools and strategies to help children through medical procedures
- Connect with community resources
- CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION with 1.5 instructional hours endorsed by the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association.
- RESOURCES: Access to several mental health and parenting resources
- SUPPORT: Access to the instructors who teach each course should any questions arise.
- RISK FREE 30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE if you are not satisfied with your purchase. Completed courses will not be eligible for refunds. (Note: Refunds will not granted in lieu of the purchase of a ICP membership)
- HELP ON DEMAND: Access to the instructor via email at any time.
- SELF PACED STUDY: No timeline for completion of the course.
Did you know you can take ANY of the courses in our comprehensive library for a single, affordable fee? For only $15.99/month you can access *any* of our pre-recorded courses. You can get a 7-Day free trial to check it out.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR:
This presentation is appropriate for parents, educators, child care professionals, caregivers, and mental health professionals.
All courses offered by ICP are for individual use only. Using them for corporate/group training, or shared purposes are a violation of copyright law. Furthermore, all products/services provided by the Institute of Child Psychology, along with all workshop materials, are strictly for educational purposes only and cannot be categorized as psychological or mental health services.
***This workshop is not owned by ICP and therefore may be removed by discretion of the contractor at any time, with 90 day notice.
UNABLE TO AFFORD REGISTRATION?
We offer subsidized tickets to those who have limited income!
Please contact our administration team for further assistance at email@example.com.