Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is known as a challenging, complex, and long-term condition that is becoming increasingly prevalent worldwide.
Often, a diagnosis of autism can come as a shock, and can be an overwhelming experience for all involved.
Consequently, this presentation focuses on empowering parents, caregivers, and teachers, and professionals so they can better understand and address the needs, strengths, and difficulties of children on the spectrum.
“Helping Children on the Autism Spectrum” will give a fundamental understanding of the who, what, where, why, and how of autism by:
-Exploring the diagnosis, characteristics, and global statistics of autism; -Reframing problem behaviors by taking an attachment and person-centered perspective;
-Surveying interventions available (including evidence-based, emerging, and alternative practices)
-Giving practical tools and strategies so parents, caregivers, and teachers can work collaboratively to respond to the unique needs of children with autism.
- Understand the diagnosis and characteristics of ASD.
- Develop a thorough understanding of why symptoms occur.
- Develop practical tools and strategies to help children with ASD.
- Foster a collaborative approach when working with children with ASD.
- CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION with 5.0 instructional hours endorsed by the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association.
- RESOURCES: Access to several mental health and parenting resources
- SUPPORT: Access to the instructors who teach each course should any questions arise.
- RISK FREE 30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE if you are not satisfied with your purchase. Completed courses will not be eligible for refunds. (Note: Refunds will not granted in lieu of the purchase of a ICP membership)
- HELP ON DEMAND: Access to the instructor via email at any time.
- SELF PACED STUDY: No timeline for completion of the course.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR:
This presentation is appropriate for parents, educators, child care professionals, caregivers, and mental health professionals.
Did you know you can take ANY of the courses in our comprehensive library for a single, affordable fee?
For only $15.99/month you can access *any* of our pre-recorded courses.
You can get a 7-day free trial to check it out.
All courses offered by ICP are for individual use only. Using them for corporate/group training, or shared purposes are a violation of copyright law. Furthermore, all products/services provided by the Institute of Child Psychology, along with all workshop materials, are strictly for educational purposes only and cannot be categorized as psychological or mental health services.
***This workshop is not owned by ICP and therefore may be removed by discretion of the contractor at any time, with 90 day notice.