Helping Children Through Divorce and Separation [Online Course]
All prices will be converted to CAD dollars upon checkout.
Has your child, or a child you know, been impacted by their parent’s separation. Maybe this child is struggling with confusion, grief, anger, or anxiety, and you just want to know the best way to help them make it through.
Divorce and parental separation is becoming more common and each children responds differently. In this online course parents, caregivers, family mediators and mental health professionals will learn about helping children cope with divorce/separation.
If you want to know how to navigate the many landmines that comes with this transition, how to help your child heal, and to move forward with resiliency, then please join us!
- Understand how the parent-child attachment is impacted
- Identify situations and circumstances to avoid during and after divorce/separatioN
- Explore how divorce/separation effects children and parent
- Acquire parenting strategies to better help children adjust to the changes the come with divorce/separation
- Identify co-parenting skills that will protect children from emotional and psychological damage
- TOOLBOX: Concrete strategies to help a child understand and process this loss
- CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION with 3.0 instructional hours endorsed by the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association.
- RESOURCES: Access to several mental health and parenting resources
- SUPPORT: Access to the instructors who teach each course should any questions arise.
- RISK FREE 30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE if you are not satisfied with your purchase (Note: Refunds will not granted in leu of the purchase of a ICP membership)
- SELF PACED STUDY: No timeline for completion of the course.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR:
This presentation is appropriate for parents, educators, child care professionals, caregivers, and mental health professionals.
All courses offered by ICP are for individual use only. Using them for corporate/group training, or shared purposes are a violation of copyright law. Furthermore, all products/services provided by the Institute of Child Pyschology, along with all workshop materials, are strictly for educational purposes only and cannot be categorized as psychological or mental health services.
UNABLE TO AFFORD REGISTRATION?
We offer subsidized tickets to those who have limited income!
Please contact our administration team for further assistance at email@example.com.
Tammy Schamuhn is a Registered Psychologist, Registered Play Therapist, Registered Play Therapist Supervisor, and the Co-Founder of the Institute of Child Psychology. She has a Bachelors of Education from the University of Alberta and practiced as an Elementary Teacher in Canada before going on to do her Masters degree in Psychology. She is also the Founder and Executive Director of Family Counselling Centres where she and her team treat children, adolescents, and their families through the use of a variety of types of therapies. Her clinic also utilized animals in their practice, as Tammy has developed a canine-assisted and equine-assisted therapy programs for treating children and teens.
Furthermore, she also runs an extensive clinical internship program at her clinic where she trains masters-level interns who are training to become child psychologists, and provides clinical supervision to newly licensed provisional psychologists in the province of Alberta.
She approaches her clinical and consultative work with parents and professionals with an attachment and neurobiological lens: all of her work is based on the neurology of the brain and how attachment is integral to adaptive functioning of both children and adults.