Has your child recently experienced the loss of a loved one or a pet? Are they experiencing the separation of their parents? Are they struggling with a loss of trust, safety or faith? Are they struggling with the multitude of losses related to COVID? Regardless of the type of loss, watching your child grieve can be one of the most profoundly difficult experiences for caregivers.
Grief is a normal and natural reaction to a loss in an individual’s life; however, even though we all experience it, we are often left struggling or feeling isolated and confused when we grieve. These feelings include unconventional losses related to unique situations like COVID-19. Adults and children alike will be told to “wait for time to heal” or “move on” and “be strong”. While usually well-meaning, these responses do not recognize the pain we actually carry after a loss. Fortunately, there are steps that caregivers can take to recognize the emotional incompleteness that a child carries and to help them heal their hearts. This workshop will provide you with a set of skills and a new sense of empowerment that will allow you to better recognize grief within your child and help them move towards recovery after a loss.
- Define grief and recognize the 40+ different types of losses that could contribute to it
- Recognize the myths pertaining to grief and why they are not helpful in our long-term recovery
- Recognize the signs of grieving in children
- Identify the losses in your child’s life that are emotionally incomplete
- Learn the actions that can be taken to help a child recover from grief
- Special section on COVID, grief, and helping your child
- Identify the importance of caregiver’s grieving patterns and how it influences children
- PROFESSIONAL GUIDANCE: Offered by an expert in the field of child psychology and grief.
- PARENTING TOOLBOX: Learn strategies to help your child, or the children you work with, grieve in a healthy way.
- CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION with 3.5 instructional hours endorsed by the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association.
- RESOURCES: Access to mental health and parenting resources
- SUPPORT: Access to the instructors who teach each course should any questions arise.
- RISK FREE 30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE if you are not satisfied with your purchase. Completed courses will not be eligible for refunds. (Note: Refunds will not granted in leu of the purchase of a ICP membership)
- HELP ON DEMAND: Access to the instructor via email at any time.
- SELF PACED STUDY: No timeline for completion of the course.
Did you know you can take ANY of the courses in our comprehensive library for a single, affordable fee? For only $15.99/month you can access *any* of our pre-recorded courses. You can get a 7-Day free trial to check it out.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR:
This presentation is appropriate for parents, educators, child care professionals, caregivers, and mental health professionals.
All courses offered by ICP are for individual use only. Using them for corporate/group training, or shared purposes are a violation of copyright law. Furthermore, all products/services provided by the Institute of Child Psychology, along with all workshop materials, are strictly for educational purposes only and cannot be categorized as psychological or mental health services.
***This workshop is not owned by ICP and therefore may be removed by discretion of the contractor at any time, with 90 day notice.
UNABLE TO AFFORD REGISTRATION?
We offer subsidized tickets to those who have limited income!
Please contact our administration team for further assistance at email@example.com.