Does this sound like your child or a child you work with: struggles with emotional reactivity, appears to be impacted by sensory issues, broods over failures, takes things personally, deeply impacted by others emotions, easily withdraws if overwhelmed, thinks deeply about things, deeply rich inner life, doesn’t do well with change, highly conscientious, and perceptive?
A highly sensitive child [HSC] is one of the fifteen to twenty percent of children born with a nervous system that is highly aware and quick to react to everything. This makes them quick to grasp subtle changes, prefer to reflect deeply before acting, and generally behave conscientiously. They are also easily overwhelmed by high levels of stimulation, sudden changes, and the emotional distress of others (Aron, 2018).
In this online workshop parents, caregivers, and professionals will learn to better understand these children and ways to help them manage in the home and the classroom.
- Identifying whether a child is highly sensitive
- Exploring struggles that accompany these types of children and possible solutions
- Understanding how parenting style can impact HSC
- Develop strategies to build resiliency in HSC
- TOOLBOX: Concrete strategies to help a child with this personality type thrive
- CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION with 3.0 instructional hours endorsed by the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association.
- RESOURCES: Access to several mental health/ parenting resources
- SUPPORT: Access to the instructors who teach each course should any questions arise.
- RISK FREE 30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE if you are not satisfied with your purchase. Completed courses will not be eligible for refunds. (Note: Refunds will not granted in lieu of the purchase of a ICP membership)
- SELF PACED STUDY: No timeline for completion of the course.
** THIS COURSE CAN BE USED TOWARDS ICP’S CERTIFICATION IN CHILDREN’S MENTAL HEALTH FUNDAMENTALS **
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR:
This presentation is appropriate for parents, educators, child care professionals, caregivers, and mental health professionals.
All courses offered by ICP are for individual use only. Using them for corporate/group training, or shared purposes are a violation of copyright law. Furthermore, all products/services provided by the Institute of Child Psychology, along with all workshop materials, are strictly for educational purposes only and cannot be categorized as psychological or mental health services.
UNABLE TO AFFORD REGISTRATION?
We offer subsidized tickets to those who have limited income!
Please contact our administration team for further assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.