**This is a recording of a Live Presentation given at the Institute of Child Psychology’s 2022 Children’s Mental Health Conference. As it is a Live recording, please note that there may be unscheduled technical difficulties, pauses/breaks, as well as reading of comments which you may not be able to see.
How to Support Children’s Social & Emotional Development
In this experiential workshop, Jenny will help you understand the empirical “why” and the practical “how” on ways to support the development of essential social and emotional skills in children (and adults). Jenny shares the latest research on how children develop social and emotional skills from toddlerhood to emerging adulthood. She provides an overview and clarifies the nuances between emotion regulation, emotional intelligence, and social and emotional learning (SEL) – the three buzz terms we often hear interchangeably these days.
Jenny shares the framework on social and emotional learning and debunks developmental and learning myths in this area. She discusses ways to better understand how your child, student, or client is doing in intrapersonal and interpersonal competencies. She offers practical tips and demonstrates how you can leverage the power of everyday conversations to build better adult-child relationships and psychological well-being.
- Describe the role of social and emotional development from toddlers to teens.
- Understand the connection between emotion regulation and emotional intelligence.
- Define the framework for social and emotional learning in education.
- Learn to recognize and leverage everyday opportunities to help children (and yourself) develop social and emotional skills.
- Gain practical steps on how to help children build life skills through conversations.
CONFERENCE RECORDING HIGHLIGHTS
- CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION with 3.0 instructional hours & successful completion of a short quiz.
- RESOURCES: Access to several mental health and parenting resources.
- SUPPORT: Access to the institute should any questions arise.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR:
This presentation is appropriate for parents, educators, child care professionals, caregivers, and mental health professionals.
Did you know you can take ANY of the courses in our comprehensive library for a single, affordable fee?
For only $18.99/month you can access *any* of our pre-recorded courses.
You can get a 7-day free trial to check it out.
All courses offered by ICP are for individual use only. Using them for corporate/group training, or shared purposes are a violation of copyright law. Furthermore, all products/services provided by the Institute of Child Psychology, along with all workshop materials, are strictly for educational purposes only and cannot be categorized as psychological or mental health services.
***This workshop is not owned by ICP and therefore may be removed by discretion of the contractor at any time, with 90 day notice.