Managing Parental Stress: Don’t Flip Your Lid
This comprehensive, highly reflective course reviews key areas on how to manage stress to prevent unintended emotional outbursts and disconnection when life seems overwhelming. Self-assessments are also provided to help identify your current levels of stress and resilience These tools will provide the foundation in developing a personal action plan.
All prices will be converted to CAD dollars upon checkout
Burnt out, crying, losing your temper, numbing out, loss of confidence, feelings of disconnection and apathy? These are all signs that you are experiencing high levels of stress.
Many of us may not have been taught coping skills or learned how stress is identified in our bodies. Ill management of stress can lead to long term health implications, which include physical and emotional struggles. This comprehensive, highly reflective course reviews key areas on how to manage stress to prevent unintended emotional outbursts and disconnection when life seems overwhelming. Self-assessments are also provided to help identify your current levels of stress and resilience. These tools will provide the foundation in developing a personal action plan.
- Learn to identify stress and its impact on the body and on our relationships
- Explore the connection between perception and stress
- Understand the cognitive, emotional, physical and behavioural symptoms of grief
- Review the grief and loss cycle and its impact on parental stress ( special focus on COVID-19)
- Identify chronic stress and different coping mechanisms during crisis
- Discover a comprehensive stress-reduction toolbox with tools related to mindfulness, gratitude, resiliency, relaxation, grounding, cognitive behavioural strategies, and control and influence activities
Melody Morin, R. Psychologist. Her biography can be found here https://www.melodymorin.com/bio
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Parents, caregivers, childcare professionals, educators, and mental health professionals
WHAT WE PROVIDE:
Workbooks to complete. An electronic certificate of completion will be granted after completion of this workshop.
- PROFESSIONAL GUIDANCE: Offered by an expert in the field of child psychology and parental stress
- PARENTING TOOLBOX: Learn strategies to help you manage stress in a healthy way
- CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION with 3.5 instructional hours endorsed by the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association.
- RESOURCES: Access to mental health and parenting resources
- SUPPORT: Access to the instructors who teach each course should any questions arise.
- RISK FREE 30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE if you are not satisfied with your purchase. (Note: Refunds will not granted in leu of the purchase of a ICP membership)
- HELP ON DEMAND: Access to the instructor via email at any time.
- SELF PACED STUDY: No timeline for completion of the course
THIS COURSE CAN BE TAKEN AS PART OF ICP’s MONTHLY MEMBERSHIP PROGRAM
UNABLE TO AFFORD A TICKET?
We offer subsidized tickets to those have limited income!
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for qualifications
All courses offered by ICP are for individual use only. Using them for corporate/group training, or shared purposes are a violation of copyright law. Furthermore, all products/services provided by the Institute of Child Psychology, along with all workshop materials, are strictly for educational purposes only and cannot be categorized as psychological or mental health services.