Managing Parental Stress: Don’t Flip Your Lid [Online Course]
This comprehensive, highly reflective course reviews key areas on how to manage stress to prevent unintended emotional outbursts and disconnection when life seems overwhelming. Self-assessments are also provided to help identify your current levels of stress and resilience These tools will provide the foundation in developing a personal action plan.
All prices will be converted to CAD dollars upon checkout
Burnt out, crying, losing your temper, numbing out, loss of confidence, feelings of disconnection and apathy? These are all signs that you are experiencing high levels of stress.
Many of us may not have been taught coping skills or learned how stress is identified in our bodies. Ill management of stress can lead to long term health implications, which include physical and emotional struggles. This comprehensive, highly reflective course reviews key areas on how to manage stress to prevent unintended emotional outbursts and disconnection when life seems overwhelming. Self-assessments are also provided to help identify your current levels of stress and resilience. These tools will provide the foundation in developing a personal action plan.
- Learn to identify stress and its impact on the body and on our relationships
- Explore the connection between perception and stress
- Understand the cognitive, emotional, physical and behavioural symptoms of grief
- Review the grief and loss cycle and its impact on parental stress ( special focus on COVID-19)
- Identify chronic stress and different coping mechanisms during crisis
- Discover a comprehensive stress-reduction toolbox with tools related to mindfulness, gratitude, resiliency, relaxation, grounding, cognitive behavioural strategies, and control and influence activities
- CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION with 3.5 instructional hours.
- RESOURCES: Access to several mental health and parenting resources
- SUPPORT: Access to the instructors who teach each course should any questions arise.
- RISK FREE 30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE if you are not satisfied with your purchase (Note: Refunds will not granted in lieu of the purchase of a ICP membership)
- HELP ON DEMAND: Access to the instructor via email at any time.
- SELF PACED STUDY: No timeline for completion of the course.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR:
This presentation is appropriate for parents, educators, child care professionals, caregivers, and mental health professionals.
All courses offered by ICP are for individual use only. Using them for corporate/group training, or shared purposes are a violation of copyright law. Furthermore, all products/services provided by the Institute of Child Pyschology, along with all workshop materials, are strictly for educational purposes only and cannot be categorized as psychological or mental health services.
UNABLE TO AFFORD REGISTRATION?
We offer subsidized tickets to those who have limited income!
Please contact our administration team for further assistance at email@example.com.
Melody Morin, a registered psychologist with over 20 years’ experience helping people, is the founder of Level Up Leadership and Psychology. Melody holds a dual master’s degree, including an executive MBA achieved in 2013. She is currently in the late stages of her Ph.D. where she has focused upon understanding the lack of women in senior leadership positions, specifically within the area of medicine. As a registered psychologist, Melody is trained in various assessment and diagnostic tools that you won’t find offered elsewhere.
Prior to launching Level Up Leadership, Melody worked in a variety of roles in the non-profit and public sectors, focusing on forensics and children’s mental health. After spending 15 years on the front lines, supporting youth and families who had experienced a vast array of trauma and abuse in their life, Melody moved into management. She had success in various leadership positions, and in 2009, she was awarded the CEO’s award for her part in an organization-wide change initiative.