Does life feel as if it is just one long “to-do” list? Trying to catch your breath and it feels impossible? Does self-care feel like just another task?
In this refreshing and highly compassionate workshop, Tania Johnson, will debunk the idea of conventional self-care before creating a new framework to guide parental well-being. We will explore foundational concepts in well-being, with a focus on concrete tools and strategies to optimize physiological needs (stress and sleep), connection needs, and self-growth. This workshop will discuss ways in which to shift your “happiness set-point”, increase self-esteem, and establish healthy boundaries. Finally, we will look at ways in which you can live authentically.
- Explore myths related to self-care
- Introduce a new frame-work to guide parental well-being
- Create a toolbox of strategies that target physiological well-being and psychological well-being
- Discuss the negativity bias, the power of gratitude, and the importance of healthy boundaries
- Examine the components of living a value-driven, authentic life
- CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION with 3.5 instructional hours endorsed by the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association.
- RESOURCES: Access to several mental health and parenting resources
- SUPPORT: Access to the instructors who teach each course should any questions arise.
- HELP ON DEMAND: Access to the instructor via email at any time.
- SELF PACED STUDY: No timeline for completion of the course.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR:
This presentation is appropriate for parents, educators, child care professionals, caregivers, and mental health professionals.
Did you know you can take ANY of the courses in our comprehensive library for a single, affordable fee?
For only $18.99/month you can access *any* of our pre-recorded courses.
You can get a 7-day free trial to check it out.
All courses offered by ICP are for individual use only. Using them for corporate/group training, or shared purposes are a violation of copyright law. Furthermore, all products/services provided by the Institute of Child Psychology, along with all workshop materials, are strictly for educational purposes only and cannot be categorized as psychological or mental health services.
***This workshop is owned by ICP and therefore may be removed by our discretion at any time, with 90 day notice.