The portrayal of obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) in the media has led to numerous myths and misconceptions regarding what OCD truly is. While OCD is an anxiety-based disorder, you can start to see signs and symptoms of OCD in children from 3 years old. OCD is a shape shifter and trying to understand why children and teens have certain obsessions or compulsion is an exercise in futility.
Dr. Melody Morin, Registered Psychologist has traveled internationally to keep up-to-date on diagnosis and treatment of OCD. Her passion in this area started when her daughter was diagnosed with OCD at the age of 4.
Melody will provide an introduction to OCD and share her experiences as a parent of a child with OCD, as well as a specialist in this condition.
- Introduction to Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Learn about the most common types of OCD
- Explore the causes of OCD
- Learn how OCD can present itself in various age groups
- Myths surrounding OCD
- Diagnosis and Treatment of OCD
- Discuss how families can get support
- Provide resources that parents can use to support challenging OCD
- CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION with 9 instructional hours.
- RESOURCES: Access to several mental health and parenting resources
- SUPPORT: Access to the instructors who teach each course should any questions arise.
- HELP ON DEMAND: Access to the instructor via email at any time.
- SELF PACED STUDY: No timeline for completion of the course.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR:
This presentation is appropriate for parents, educators, child care professionals, caregivers, and mental health professionals.
All courses offered by ICP are for individual use only. Using them for corporate/group training, or shared purposes are a violation of copyright law. Furthermore, all products/services provided by the Institute of Child Psychology, along with all workshop materials, are strictly for educational purposes only and cannot be categorized as psychological or mental health services.
***This workshop is not owned by ICP and therefore may be removed by discretion of the contractor at any time, with 90 day notice.
UNABLE TO AFFORD REGISTRATION?
We offer subsidized tickets to those who have limited income!
Please contact our administration team for further assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.