Parental Triggers and Your Baby’s Mental Health provides an educational and supportive experience to not only strengthen your bond with your child, but also help you heal and grow as a parent. Throughout this 2-hour long session, you will embark on a journey of self-discovery and understanding, empowering you to become the best version of yourself as a parent. Here’s what this course has in store for you:
- Parental Wounds: Often, our own past experiences can unknowingly influence our parenting styles. Delve into identifying and healing these parental wounds, enabling you to break free from any emotional baggage that might hinder your parenting journey.
- Identify Triggering Events and Situations: Parenthood can be overwhelming, and certain situations may trigger unexpected emotional reactions. Learn how to recognize these triggers, understand their origins, and respond to them effectively.
- Learn the Art of Co-Regulation: Emotional regulation is the cornerstone of effective parenting. Discover the power of co-regulation, a vital skill that helps both you and your child navigate emotions together, fostering a supportive and secure environment.
- Master Attunement: Attunement is the key to strengthening your emotional connection with your child. Gain insights into the art of attunement and how it paves the way for more meaningful interactions and communication.
- Decode Your Baby’s Style of Communication: Understanding your child’s unique communication style is essential for fostering empathy and building trust. Learn to interpret your baby’s cues and strengthen your parental intuition.
- Promoting Empathy: Empathy is the heart of compassionate parenting. Discover strategies to enhance empathy in your parenting approach, promoting a nurturing and empathetic relationship with your child.
- 4 Tools to Deactivate Triggered Reactions toward Children: Learn practical techniques to deactivate any triggered reactions you might have towards your children, ensuring a calm and constructive response in challenging situations.
- Trade Perfection for Process: Say goodbye to the burden of perfectionism in parenting. Embrace the idea that it’s the journey and the learning process that matters most. Embrace self-compassion and acknowledge that mistakes are opportunities for growth.
You’ll leave the workshop with a newfound sense of confidence, empathy, and harmony in your parenting journey.
- CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION with 2.0 instructional hours endorsed by the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association.
- RESOURCES: Access to several mental health and parenting resources
- SUPPORT: Access to the instructors who teach each course should any questions arise.
- HELP ON DEMAND: Access to the instructor via email at any time.
- SELF PACED STUDY: No timeline for completion of the course.
Did you know you can take ANY of the courses in our comprehensive library for a single, affordable fee? For only $18.99/month you can access *any* of our pre-recorded courses. You can get a 7-Day free trial to check it out.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR:
This course is appropriate for parents, educators, child care professionals, caregivers, and mental health professionals.
All courses offered by ICP are for individual use only. Using them for corporate/group training, or shared purposes are a violation of copyright law. Furthermore, all products/services provided by the Institute of Child Psychology, along with all workshop materials, are strictly for educational purposes only and cannot be categorized as psychological or mental health services.
UNABLE TO AFFORD REGISTRATION?
We offer subsidized tickets to those who have limited income!
Please contact our administration team for further assistance at email@example.com.