Navigating the Journey of Parenting Transgender Youth
Transgender youth experience increased rates of bullying, discrimination, and social rejection. Consequently, compared to their cisgender peers, they face disproportionately higher rates of mental health disparities. Notably, parental acceptance and support serve as significant protective factors for transgender youth. This course aims to empower parents and caregivers with the knowledge and skills needed to support and navigate the unique journey of parenting transgender youth. As society evolves, it is critical for parents to understand and respond effectively to gender diverse and transgender youth. The course provides a comprehensive exploration of the experiences parents and caregivers of transgender youth may encounter and how to best respond with insights into the emotional, social and practical aspects of supporting their child’s
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
- Differentiate terminology related to gender identity.
- Identify health disparities among transgender and gender diverse youth.
- Recognize stages of the journey of parenting transgender and gender diverse youth.
- Apply strategies to support transgender and gender diverse youth.
- PROFESSIONAL GUIDANCE: Offered by a pediatric psychologist
- CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION with 1.0 instructional hours endorsed by the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association.
- RESOURCES: Access a comprehensive list of mental health and parenting resources
- LIFE-TIME ACCESS: As long as the course is hosted on our platform it will be available to you.
- SELF-PACED STUDY: No timeline for completion of the course.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR
This presentation is appropriate for parents, educators, child care professionals, caregivers, and mental health professionals.
Refunds are NOT permitted for this course. All purchases/courses are FINAL SALE.
All workshops provided by the Institute of Child Psychology, along with all workshop materials, are strictly for educational purposes only and cannot be categorized as psychological or mental health services.
Please contact our administration team if you require further details at firstname.lastname@example.org