**This is a recording of a Live Presentation given at the Institute of Child Psychology’s 2022 Children’s Mental Health Conference. As it is a Live recording, please note that there may be unscheduled technical difficulties, pauses/breaks, as well as reading of comments which you may not be able to see.
Parenting With Healthy Boundaries
When working with adults who experienced childhood adversity, abuse, and neglect, one thing has always stood out: patterns of early boundary violations. The effects of abuse and boundary violations in childhood are complex and heterogeneous, but some common complicating factors are a lack of a secure attachment, poor boundaries at home and a lack of communication. Blaming either parent or child, creates a very difficult dynamic and complicates the healing process.
This has inspired Dr. Jeyarajan to focus on how to help children learn about their boundaries early on, and facilitate communications between parent and child. Workshop participants will learn the complex interplay between attachment, boundaries, empathy and consent.
Participants will learn how to teach children to assert their boundaries from a young age, ultimately leading to chronic abuse prevention and early disclosure when faced with interpersonal trauma.
- To become familiar with the connection between boundaries and abuse
- To understand the connection between attachment and boundaries
- To learn what psychological factors affect disclosure of abuse
- To learn about positive childhood experiences (PCE’S)
- How to raise empathic children who are aware of their boundaries and that of others
CONFERENCE RECORDING HIGHLIGHTS
- CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION with 3.0 instructional hours & successful completion of a short quiz.
- RESOURCES: Access to several mental health and parenting resources.
- SUPPORT: Access to the institute should any questions arise.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR:
This presentation is appropriate for parents, educators, child care professionals, caregivers, and mental health professionals.
Did you know you can take ANY of the courses in our comprehensive library for a single, affordable fee?
For only $18.99/month you can access *any* of our pre-recorded courses.
You can get a 7-day free trial to check it out.
All courses offered by ICP are for individual use only. Using them for corporate/group training, or shared purposes are a violation of copyright law. Furthermore, all products/services provided by the Institute of Child Psychology, along with all workshop materials, are strictly for educational purposes only and cannot be categorized as psychological or mental health services.
***This workshop is not owned by ICP and therefore may be removed by discretion of the contractor at any time, with 90 day notice.