Have you been at a loss of trying to understand your teen? Have you been wondering how your parents raised a teen themselves? Maybe you want to help them navigate this time in their life during major hormonal changes?
In this course we will talk about all things teen. You will gain a fundamental understanding of the teenage brain, the world of hormones, and how this impacts behaviour. We will take a look at how our own experiences of being parented impacts our relationships with our teenagers and how this relationship impacts behavior and mental health. We will also cover some of the most common mental health concerns and the struggles teens face; including depression, anxiety, sexuality, sex, drugs and alcohol.
You will leave this workshop empowered to support your teen as they navigate their way through an often challenging- but beautiful- period of their life.
- Identify the brain and body experiences contributing to teen mood, mental health and decision making
- Describe how parenting styles influence behaviour and relationship between parent and child
- Discuss the importance of talking about hard things like sexuality, sex, alcohol and drugs
- Review risk factors for the most common mental illnesses in the teen years
- Learn ways to reconnect and build relationship with your teen
- Creating and understanding expectations
- Incorporate new strategies to support your teens relationships and mental health
- CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETIONwith 3 instructional hours.
- RESOURCES: Access to several mental health and parenting resources
- SUPPORT: Access to the instructors who teach each course should any questions arise.
- RISK FREE 30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE if you are not satisfied with your purchase. Completed courses will not be eligible for a refund. (Note: Refunds will not granted in lieu of the purchase of a ICP membership)
- HELP ON DEMAND:Access to the instructor via email at any time.
- SELF PACED STUDY:No timeline for completion of the course.
** THIS COURSE CAN BE USED TOWARDS ICP’S CERTIFICATION IN CHILDREN’S MENTAL HEALTH FUNDAMENTALS **
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR:
This presentation is appropriate for parents, educators, child care professionals, caregivers, and mental health professionals.
All courses offered by ICP are for individual use only. Using them for corporate/group training, or shared purposes are a violation of copyright law. Furthermore, all products/services provided by the Institute of Child Psychology, along with all workshop materials, are strictly for educational purposes only and cannot be categorized as psychological or mental health services.
***This workshop is not owned by ICP and therefore may be removed by discretion of the contractor at any time, with 90 day notice.
UNABLE TO AFFORD REGISTRATION?
We offer subsidized tickets to those who have limited income!
Please contact our administration team for further assistance at email@example.com.