This introductory level presentation overviews various different theoretical models of play therapy; such as child-centered play therapy, release/structured play therapy, Adlerian play therapy, and more. Each theoretical model is reviewed and discussed.
FALLS UNDER APT’S PRIMARY INSTRUCTION AREAS OF “PLAY THERAPY HISTORY” OR “PLAY THERAPY SEMINAL OR HISTORICALLY SIGNIFICANT THEORIES”
- Recognize at least 3 theoretical models of play therapy.
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of different play therapy models.
- Identify key therapist/researcher behind the theoretical play therapy models.
- CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION with 2.0 instructional hours endorsed by the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association.
- RESOURCES: Access to several mental health and parenting resources
- SUPPORT: Access to the instructors who teach each course should any questions arise.
- RISK FREE 30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE If you are not satisfied with your purchase. Completed courses will not be eligible for refunds. (Note: Refunds will not granted in lieu of the purchase of a ICP membership)
- HELP ON DEMAND: Access to the instructor via email at any time.
- SELF PACED STUDY: No timeline for completion of the course.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR:
This presentation is appropriate for parents, educators, child care professionals, caregivers, and mental health professionals.
Did you know you can take ANY of the courses in our comprehensive library for a single, affordable fee?
For only $15.99/month you can access *any* of our pre-recorded courses.
You can get a 7-day free trial to check it out.
All courses offered by ICP are for individual use only. Using them for corporate/group training, or shared purposes are a violation of copyright law. Furthermore, all products/services provided by the Institute of Child Psychology, along with all workshop materials, are strictly for educational purposes only and cannot be categorized as psychological or mental health services.
***This workshop is owned by ICP and therefore may be removed by our discretion at any time.