Risky play is an essential aspect of children’s development. For many parents, it is difficult to negotiate what is risky versus what is dangerous.
This course introduces caregivers to the 6 types of risky play and how embracing this play can not only help your little mouse’s development but can also help avoid a lot of behavioural challenges. Children need to climb, to go fast, to push their own limits. This course teaches parents how to embrace risky play safely by using concrete strategies focused on increasing a child’s understanding and awareness, and targeting the specific skills they need.
- Know the 6 types of risky play
- Why risky play is essential to development
- Introducing the Behaviour Way-finding framework
- Developmentally appropriate tasks of risky play
- Child centered strategies to increase cooperation and safety during risky play
- CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION with 3.0 instructional hours endorsed by the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association.
- RESOURCES: Access to several mental health and parenting resources
- SUPPORT: Access to the instructors who teach each course should any questions arise.
- RISK FREE 30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE if you are not satisfied with your purchase. Courses will not be refunded if they have been fully completed. (Note: Refunds will not granted in lieu of the purchase of an ICP membership)
- HELP ON DEMAND: Access to the instructor via email at any time.
- SELF PACED STUDY: No timeline for completion of the course.
Did you know you can take ANY of the courses in our comprehensive library for a single, affordable fee? For only $18.99/month you can access *any* of our pre-recorded courses. You can get a 7-Day free trial to check it out.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR:
This course is appropriate for parents, educators, child care professionals, caregivers, and mental health professionals.
All courses offered by ICP are for individual use only. Using them for corporate/group training, or shared purposes are a violation of copyright law. Furthermore, all products/services provided by the Institute of Child Psychology, along with all workshop materials, are strictly for educational purposes only and cannot be categorized as psychological or mental health services.
UNABLE TO AFFORD REGISTRATION?
We offer subsidized tickets to those who have limited income!
Please contact our administration team for further assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.