**This is a recording of a Live Presentation given at the Institute of Child Psychology’s 2021 Children’s Mental Health Conference. As it is a Live recording, please note that there may be unscheduled technical difficulties, pauses/breaks, as well as reading of comments which you may not be able to see.
The Adrenal Stress Connection
Childhood and teen years have traditionally been thought of as the most enviable time of life, but mental and physical stressors have turned up the pressure. Depression, anxiety, insomnia, learning disorders, obesity, eating disorders, and suicides are higher in children and teens than ever before.
Many mental health disorders are related to factors seldom recognized in Western medicine. Some of these factors include: stress, gut-brain relationship, food allergy/intolerance, environmental toxins, hypothyroidism, electromagnetic radiation, obesity and more.
Children and teens are still growing and so are their brains and they require a higher level of nutrients. Learn how diet and supplements can help support optimal mental and physical health during these years of higher nutrient demand.
- The importance of the gut-brain relationship in mental health
- How does stress and inflammation affect mental health disorders
- The connection between hypothyroidism and depression in teens
- How insulin resistance affects mental health.
- Exploring some of the common causes of mental health disorders in children and teens and discussing the Naturopathic approaches through diet, lifestyle and natural supplements.
CONFERENCE RECORDING HIGHLIGHTS
- CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION with 3.0 instructional hours & successful completion of a short quiz.
- RESOURCES: Access to several mental health and parenting resources.
- SUPPORT: Access to the institute should any questions arise.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR:
This presentation is appropriate for parents, educators, child care professionals, caregivers, and mental health professionals.
Did you know you can take ANY of the courses in our comprehensive library for a single, affordable fee?
For only $18.99/month you can access *any* of our pre-recorded courses.
You can get a 7-day free trial to check it out.
All courses offered by ICP are for individual use only. Using them for corporate/group training, or shared purposes are a violation of copyright law. Furthermore, all products/services provided by the Institute of Child Psychology, along with all workshop materials, are strictly for educational purposes only and cannot be categorized as psychological or mental health services.
***This workshop is not owned by ICP and therefore may be removed by discretion of the contractor at any time, with 90 day notice.