Are you starting to get nervous about the arrival of your new baby? While surrogacy/adoption/pregnancy brings about tremendous levels of excitement and happiness, it is also normal to feel a bit worried and scared over how your life is about to adjust.
It has long been said that raising a child takes a village and yet we live in a society that tends to emphasize independence and the drive to “have it all”. This often leads to new parents or caregivers feeling lost, burnt out, fatigued, and alone when they are truly doing some of the most important work in the world. This workshop was designed to help empower our new parents and caregivers by talking to them about what is happening to their physical, psychological, and social states after baby comes home. We will discuss topics such as perinatal mood disorders, relationship stress, and practical concerns when caring for a newborn. We will also review tips on how to care for yourself, how to adjust to new roles within your relationships, and how to re-establish your sense of identity as a parent. Healthy caregivers set the stage for healthy children and we look forward to having you join us as we learn how to promote health and happiness for our newest role models.
- Identify signs of perinatal mood disorders or other mental health concerns in people of all genders
- Understand some of the physical changes that happen to the body after giving birth
- Learn tools to prepare your relationships for baby’s arrival
- Learn tips on breast/chestfeeding, diaper changes, safe sleep, play, and attachment
- Discover ways of incorporating parenthood into your identity without letting it become everything
- CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION with over 4.0 instructional hours endorsed by the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association.
- RESOURCES: Access to several mental health and parenting resources
- SUPPORT: Access to the instructors who teach each course should any questions arise.
- RISK FREE 30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE if you are not satisfied with your purchase. Completed courses will not be eligible for refunds. (Note: Refunds will not granted in lieu of the purchase of a ICP membership)
- HELP ON DEMAND: Access to the instructor via email at any time.
- SELF PACED STUDY: No timeline for completion of the course.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR:
This presentation is appropriate for parents, educators, child care professionals, caregivers, and mental health professionals.
Did you know you can take ANY of the courses in our comprehensive library for a single, affordable fee?
For only $18.99/month you can access *any* of our pre-recorded courses.
You can get a 7-day free trial to check it out.
All courses offered by ICP are for individual use only. Using them for corporate/group training, or shared purposes are a violation of copyright law. Furthermore, all products/services provided by the Institute of Child Psychology, along with all workshop materials, are strictly for educational purposes only and cannot be categorized as psychological or mental health services.
***This workshop is not owned by ICP and therefore may be removed by discretion of the contractor at any time, with 90 day notice.