The Impact of Technology on Children and Youth [Online Course]
*NOTE: When you check out, the price of the course will be converted to Canadian Dollars, as ICP is a Canadian company 🙂
Are you wondering how to handle screen use in your home or classroom? How much screen-time should should you allow every day ? When should your child get a phone? What the impact of technology on your child’s ongoing development? Are you feeling frustrated by technology overload in your home? Ready for a roadmap on how to maximize the benefits of technology while nurturing your child’s emotional, social and cognitive potential?
The use of technology in homes has increased rapidly over the past decade. Although helpful in many ways, it has also triggered many questions. In this online workshop, the impact of technology use will explored, in addition to research-based strategies geared to help children and teens manage screen use.
This online workshop will empower the adults in a child’s life to make informed, practical decisions regarding technology use at home and in the classroom.
- Overview of how technology is being utilized by different age groups
- Exploration of technology addiction and the neurological impact
- Identifying advantages and disadvantages of incorporating technology into modern lifestyles
- Developing a roadmap to help families incorporate technology in a healthy, psychologically balanced manner
- Comprehensive overview of Frequently Asked Questions around technology use and youth
- PROFESSIONAL GUIDANCE: Offered by an an expert in the field of child psychology
- TOOLBOX: Learn strategies to manage technology use at home or in the classroom
- CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION with 3.0 instructional hours endorsed by the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association.
- RESOURCES: Access a comprehensive list of mental health and parenting resources
- HELP ON DEMAND: Access to the instructor who teaches each course should any questions arise.
- RISK FREE 30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE if you are not satisfied with your purchase. (Note: Refunds will not granted in leu of the purchase of a ICP membership)
** THIS COURSE CAN BE TAKEN AS PART OF ICP’s
CERTIFICATION PROGRAM: Children’s Mental Health Fundamentals **
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE?
This course is appropriate for parents, educators, child care professionals, caregivers, and mental health professionals.
All courses offered by ICP are for individual use only. Using them for corporate/group training, or shared purposes are a violation of copyright law. Furthermore, all products/services provided by the Institute of Child Psychology, along with all workshop materials, are strictly for educational purposes only and cannot be categorized as psychological or mental health services.
LEARN MORE ABOUT YOUR INSTRUCTOR:
Tania Johnson, R. Psychologist, R. Play Therapist
Co-Founder: Institute of Child Psychology
Tania is a Registered Psychologist and a Registered Play Therapist. She completed her undergraduate studies in South-Africa before engaging in a one year, full time internship in Chicago at the Cancer Treatment Centers of America. In 2012, she received my Masters of Counselling from City University of Seattle. During her Master’s degree, she worked both on the front lines and as a counsellor with foster and adoptive families who faced a range of emotional, behavioural, and cognitive challenges.
Since completing her degree, she has worked in a private practice setting with children, teens, adults and families. She works primarily from an attachment based perspective. This means that she works with clients to explore how early relationships affect how we come to understand our self, other people and the world.
Tania endeavours to always approach her clients and professional work with respect, honesty, integrity and warmth.