Are you wondering how to handle screen use in your home or classroom? How much screen-time should should you allow every day ? When should your child get a phone? What the impact of technology on your child’s ongoing development? Are you feeling frustrated by technology overload in your home? Ready for a roadmap on how to maximize the benefits of technology while nurturing your child’s emotional, social and cognitive potential?
The use of technology in homes has increased rapidly over the past decade. Although helpful in many ways, it has also triggered many questions. In this online workshop, the impact of technology use will explored, in addition to research-based strategies geared to help children and teens manage screen use.
This online workshop will empower the adults in a child’s life to make informed, practical decisions regarding technology use at home and in the classroom.
- Overview of how technology is being utilized by different age groups
- Exploration of technology addiction and the neurological impact
- Identifying advantages and disadvantages of incorporating technology into modern lifestyles
- Developing a roadmap to help families incorporate technology in a healthy, psychologically balanced manner
- Comprehensive overview of Frequently Asked Questions around technology use and youth
- PROFESSIONAL GUIDANCE: Offered by an an expert in the field of child psychology
- TOOLBOX: Learn strategiesto manage technology use at home or in the classroom
- CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION with 3.0 instructional hours endorsed by the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association.
- RESOURCES: Access a comprehensive list of mental health and parenting resources
- HELP ON DEMAND: Access to the instructor who teaches each course should any questions arise.
Did you know you can take ANY of the courses in our comprehensive library for a single, affordable fee? For only $18.99/month you can access *any* of our pre-recorded courses. You can get a 7-Day free trial to check it out.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR:
This presentation is appropriate for parents, educators, child care professionals, caregivers, and mental health professionals.
All courses offered by ICP are for individual use only. Using them for corporate/group training, or shared purposes are a violation of copyright law. Furthermore, all products/services provided by the Institute of Child Psychology, along with all workshop materials, are strictly for educational purposes only and cannot be categorized as psychological or mental health services.
UNABLE TO AFFORD REGISTRATION?
We offer subsidized tickets to those who have limited income!
Please contact our administration team for further assistance at email@example.com.
There are no reviews yet.