The Impact of Technology on Children and Youth [Online Course Pre-Sale]
PRE-SALE: THIS COURSE WILL BE AVAILABLE JULY 15, 2019
Are you wondering how to handle screen use in your home or classroom? How much screen-time should should you allow every day ? When should your child get a phone? What the impact of technology on your child’s ongoing development? Are you feeling frustrated by technology overload in your home? Ready for a roadmap on how to maximize the benefits of technology while nurturing your child’s emotional, social and cognitive potential?
The use of technology in homes has increased rapidly over the past decade. Although helpful in many ways, it has also triggered many questions. In this online workshop, parents and professionals will explore concrete, research-based strategies geared to help children and teens manage screen use. This online workshop will empower the adults in a child’s life to make informed, practical decisions regarding technology use at home and in the classroom.
- Explore the latest research on how technology impacts child development
- Discuss how technology is changing the emotional and social worlds of our children
- Identify how technology can be used to nurture a child’s potential
- Consider ways to connect with your child in a digital world
- Implement a road-map on how to balance technology use at home or in the classroom
Tania Johnson, R. Psychologist, R. Play Therapist, Co-Founder: Institute of Child Psychology
WHO IS THIS COURSE DESIGNED FOR:
- Parents / Caregivers / Guardians
- Teachers / Teachers Aides
- Mental Health Professionals
WHEN DOES THE COURSE START AND FINISH:
The course starts as soon as you register. It is a completely self-paced online course – you decide when you start and when you finish.
HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO TAKE THE COURSE?
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like – across any and all devices you own.
WHAT IF I AM UNSATISFIED WITH THE COURSE?
If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us in the first 30 days and we will give you a full refund.