Play allows children to use their creativity while developing their imagination, dexterity, and physical, cognitive, and emotional strength. It is through play that children at a very early age engage and interact in the world around them.
Play is to the child what talk is to the adult. It is a medium for expressing feelings, exploring relationships, describing experiences, disclosing wishes, and self-fulfillment. Children express themselves and their needs, relive their past, and connect with others through play.
In this course will learn to understand your child’s play and the benefits to using (and encouraging) “play” to help your child develop resilience. We will also explore how play is related to development of the brain, and how play deprivation can adversely affect children. Strategies on how to engage with your child in their play to help them overcome issues related to anger, sadness, trauma, difficult transitions or behavioural issues will also be explored.
- Explore how play is related to healthy neurological development
- Learn about various themes in play and how they’re connected to struggles or obstacles your child may be experiencing
- Identify strategies to facilitate healthy play in your homes or work environment that enrich children’s optimal development
- Describe ways in which play is related to attachment and ways in which caregivers can use play to facilitate connection with their child or the children they work with
- CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION with 1.5 instructional hours endorsed by the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association.
- RESOURCES: Access to several mental health and parenting resources
- HELP ON DEMAND: Access to the instructors who teach each course should any questions arise.
- RISK FREE 30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE if you are not satisfied with your purchase. Completed courses will not be eligible for refunds. (Note: Refunds will not granted in lieu of the purchase of a ICP membership)
- SELF PACED STUDY: No timeline for completion of the course.
** THIS COURSE CAN BE USED TOWARDS ICP’S CERTIFICATION IN CHILDREN’S MENTAL HEALTH FUNDAMENTALS **
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR:
This presentation is appropriate for parents, educators, child care professionals, caregivers, and mental health professionals.
All courses offered by ICP are for individual use only. Using them for corporate/group training, or shared purposes are a violation of copyright law. Furthermore, all products/services provided by the Institute of Child Psychology, along with all workshop materials, are strictly for educational purposes only and cannot be categorized as psychological or mental health services.
UNABLE TO AFFORD REGISTRATION?
We offer subsidized tickets to those who have limited income!
Please contact our administration team for further assistance at email@example.com.