**This is a recording of a Live Presentation given at the Institute of Child Psychology’s 2022 Children’s Mental Health Conference. As it is a Live recording, please note that there may be unscheduled technical difficulties, pauses/breaks, as well as reading of comments which you may not be able to see.
The Principals of Playful Parenting
This three hour lecture will include lecture, experiential exercises, discussion, and Q and A with the live audience. Throughout this session we will explore the importance of connection in children, as well as the power of play. There will be discussion on the importance of meeting children’s emotions, and taking care of your own as parents & caregivers. Also provided will be tools on how to set limits while maintaining connection with the child.
- Identify two key ways parents can connect with children
- Describe three benefits of free play
- Bring family problems into the play zone
- Practice the two elements of meeting children’s emotions and the three elements of taking care of their own emotions
- Know four ways to set limits with connection
CONFERENCE RECORDING HIGHLIGHTS
- CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION with 3.0 instructional hours & successful completion of a short quiz.
- RESOURCES: Access to several mental health and parenting resources.
- SUPPORT: Access to the institute should any questions arise.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR:
This presentation is appropriate for parents, educators, child care professionals, caregivers, and mental health professionals.
Did you know you can take ANY of the courses in our comprehensive library for a single, affordable fee?
For only $18.99/month you can access *any* of our pre-recorded courses.
You can get a 7-day free trial to check it out.
All courses offered by ICP are for individual use only. Using them for corporate/group training, or shared purposes are a violation of copyright law. Furthermore, all products/services provided by the Institute of Child Psychology, along with all workshop materials, are strictly for educational purposes only and cannot be categorized as psychological or mental health services.
***This workshop is not owned by ICP and therefore may be removed by discretion of the contractor at any time, with 90 day notice.