Treatment of Childhood Trauma: Your Professional Road Map
With 1 in 3 children impacted by trauma; professionals need specific, evidence-based tools to work with these children. Whether it’s neglect, abuse, tragedy, complex grief, high-conflict divorce or intergenerational trauma they need our specialized* support, now!
This full day workshop is an adjunct to our introductory course “Childhood Trauma: Finding a Way Through” but built specifically for professionals. We highly recommend you take our first course in addition to this course if you don’t have a background in neurobiology of trauma.
This is a recoding of a full-day workshop taught by Morgan Bissegger, R. Psychologist, Trauma Specialist and the Clinical Director of the Sexual Assault Center of Edmonton (and was created in collaboration with our Co-Founder, Tammy Schamuhn, R. Psych, RPT-S).
- Identify complex trauma behavioural presentations
- Examine the complex impact of trauma on neurological development
- Appraise & work with traumatic play sequences
- Understand the role of the clinician’s nervous system and how it interacts with the child’s own state of autonomic arousal
- Explore specific clinical case studies while developing case conceptualization skills, treatment objectives, and appropriate interventions
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR:
This course is appropriate for mental health professionals (or students training for their bachelors, masters, or PHD in a respective mental health program)
Refunds are NOT permitted for this course. All purchases/courses are FINAL SALE.
All workshops provided by the Institute of Child Psychology, along with all workshop materials, are strictly for educational purposes only and cannot be categorized as psychological or mental health services.
Please contact our administration team if you require further details at firstname.lastname@example.org