Participants will learn different play therapy activities to help clients recognize, understand, label, appropriately express, and regulate anxiety. A majority of the workshop will be spent learning about different hands-on and virtual play therapy activities through demonstration and active participation. We will also discuss what populations and diagnoses the activities work best.
- Demonstrate how to conduct at least 5 therapeutic activities to use in play therapy that help tame anxiety.
- Explain the importance of helping clients recognize, understand, label, express, and regulate their anxiety in play therapy.
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of at least 5 therapeutic activities to help kids tame anxiety.
In order for you to PLAY along during the workshop, it will be helpful (but not necessary to have all!) for you to have these items available if possible:
- Access to a printer
- Markers, crayons, coloured pencils
- One pipe cleaner
- A jar (glass or plastic) with a lid
- Glitter glue (Elmer’s works great!)
- Access to warm water
- CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION with 1.0 instructional hours endorsed by the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association.
- RESOURCES: Access to several mental health and parenting resources
- SUPPORT: Access to the instructors who teach each course should any questions arise.
- RISK FREE 30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE If you are not satisfied with your purchase. Completed courses will not be eligible for refunds. (Note: Refunds will not granted in lieu of the purchase of a ICP membership)
- HELP ON DEMAND: Access to the instructor via email at any time.
- SELF PACED STUDY: No timeline for completion of the course.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR:
This presentation is appropriate for parents, educators, child care professionals, caregivers, and mental health professionals.
Did you know you can take ANY of the courses in our comprehensive library for a single, affordable fee?
For only $15.99/month you can access *any* of our pre-recorded courses.
You can get a 7-day free trial to check it out.
All courses offered by ICP are for individual use only. Using them for corporate/group training, or shared purposes are a violation of copyright law. Furthermore, all products/services provided by the Institute of Child Psychology, along with all workshop materials, are strictly for educational purposes only and cannot be categorized as psychological or mental health services.
***This workshop is owned by ICP and therefore may be removed by our discretion at any time.
There are no reviews yet.