Are you an Educator who is passionate about supporting tweens and teens to learn how to manage difficult emotions like stress, worry, and anger? The Yoga and Mindfulness for Self Regulation Course for Middle and High School Educators is designed to offer you simple ways to easily integrate age- appropriate yoga and mindfulness tools into the classroom on a daily basis. In this course, Educators will be introduced to the theory behind the practices in order to develop their own personalized action plan for delivering self regulation tools in their classroom.
Included with the course is an extensive Resource Guide that outlines a wide range of theory, insider tips and hands-on practices that include breathing activities, warm up exercises, yoga poses, community games and guided relaxations. All practices offered have been shared with thousands of tweens and teens with extremely positive results. After each section of practice, Educators will have an opportunity to reflect on each tool and create a plan for simple integration into the classroom setting. The result of this process means that at the end of the course, each Educator will be confident and fully prepared to easily deliver their very own customized set of techniques to calm their class and bring peace to the teenagers they teach.
Discover the many benefits of Yoga and Mindfulness for tweens and teens and how they support healthy physical and emotional development. The best part is that these practices are offered to teenagers through a lens of learning, offering games, relaxation and mindful movement designed to bring peace into their minds and hearts, creating a positive classroom environment for both the teen and educator.
The main goal of this course is to support Educators to be able confidently offer effective self regulation tools to their students that greatly improve their health and well being, as well as transform the classroom into a calm and focused setting for greater connection and learning opportunities. Yoga and Mindfulness tools for teens have been shown boost emotional intelligence, resilience, and feelings of self-worth for children of all ages!
- To identify the benefits of yoga and mindfulness for middle and high school aged children
- To practice age-appropriate techniques for leading breathing, warm up’s, yoga poses, games and guided relaxations
- To learn trauma informed practices and adaptations for teens & tweens with diverse needs
- To help teenagers to identify daily stressors and which tools to apply to support them in everyday life
- To create a personalized takeaway resource guide with hands-on mindfulness practices for teens & tweens
- To access a variety of resources that support brain and body learning and development
- To learn specialized tips and techniques that enable middle and high school educators to confidently deliver yoga and mindfulness programming to their students
- CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION with 1.5 instructional hours endorsed by the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association.
- RESOURCES: Access to several mental health and parenting resources
- SUPPORT: Access to the instructors who teach each course should any questions arise.
- HELP ON DEMAND: Access to the instructor via email at any time.
- SELF PACED STUDY: No timeline for completion of the course.
Did you know you can take ANY of the courses in our comprehensive library for a single, affordable fee? For only $18.99/month you can access *any* of our pre-recorded courses. You can get a 7-Day free trial to check it out.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR:
This course is appropriate for parents, educators, child care professionals, caregivers, and mental health professionals.
All courses offered by ICP are for individual use only. Using them for corporate/group training, or shared purposes are a violation of copyright law. Furthermore, all products/services provided by the Institute of Child Psychology, along with all workshop materials, are strictly for educational purposes only and cannot be categorized as psychological or mental health services.
***This workshop is not owned by ICP and therefore may be removed by discretion of the contractor at any time, with 90 day notice.
UNABLE TO AFFORD REGISTRATION?
We offer subsidized tickets to those who have limited income!
Please contact our administration team for further assistance at email@example.com.