The Impact of Technology on Children and Youth [online]
2 week Online Course
The use of technology in homes has increased rapidly over the past decade. Although helpful in many ways, it has also triggered many questions. In this workshop, parents and professionals will explore concrete, research-based strategies geared to help children and teens manage screen use.This workshop will empower the adults in a child’s life to make informed, practical decisions regarding technology use at home and in the classroom.
- Explore the latest research on how technology impacts child development
- Discuss how technology is changing the emotional and social worlds of our children
- Identify how technology can be used to nurture a child’s potential
- Consider ways to connect with your child in a digital world
- Implement a road-map on how to balance technology use at home or in the classroom
DATES: October 3rd and 10th
WHAT IS PROVIDED:
Handouts will be provided, a certificte is granted upon completion of the course. This course is delivered through GoToWebinar
CAN I SUBMIT THE WORKSHOP UNDER MY BENEFITS?
This workshop may be eligible for reimbursement for participants who live in Alberta. Please check with your provider.
Refunds only given up to 30 days prior to the event. Tickets can be transferred to a third party at any time.
Workshop Buy Tickets