Are you a parent or caregiver that often feels like their lifestyle seems chaotic, hectic, or unmanageable? Do you and/or your child have the feelings of stress, anxiety, or worry? In this course we will explore different techniques of mindfulness through breathing, movement, and other mindful activities to help you and your child live a calmer lifestyle.
The Mindfulness Matters Course offers parents hands on tools to easily make mindful practices part of daily family life. Discover how mindfulness for kids and families can build stronger connections, playful and fun. You will learn a wide variety of tools and techniques to help you feel confident in introducing mindfulness to your child. Practices for Parents are included, to support parents in modeling the behaviour you wish you see in your child. A variety of ideas to support parents with daily mindfulness are shared such as journaling, intention setting, simple breathing, mindful movement and much more. Parents will learn the benefits of mindfulness for themselves and for their child so they are able to gain a greater understanding of the positive impact these simple practices can have on their child’s healthy development.
In the course you will be introduced to The Mindful Corner concept and benefits, with easy ways to make mindfulness accessible for the whole family. The Mindful Corner may be used with children at a variety of ages and developmental stages, and be easily adapted according to what works best for your child. The three mindful corner components of: breathwork, movement and mindful activities are fully explained and demonstrated so parents have hands-on tools for supporting their child when they are dealing with stress, anxiety, worry, fear and other big feelings that are a part of everyday life. A series of tools and video demonstrations will support parents to see how fun it can be to share breathing, movement and mindfulness with their child.
The goal of this dynamic course is to help parents to feel supported and confident in the many joyful ways they can make mindfulness matter at home, so that they can enjoy a deeper sense of connection and improved well being alongside their child. The course is taught by Jennie Abbot, Founder and Director of Harmony Kids Yoga Mindfulness Company. Jennie has shared the tools and techniques demonstrated in the course with over 10,000 children to date ranging between the ages of 1-18 years old. Jennie is the mother of two mindful kids and her life passion is sharing the joy of yoga and mindfulness with children everywhere, so they can live healthy and fulfilling lives.
- Learn daily mindful practices for parents and the importance of modeling the behaviour you wish to see in your child
- Understand the benefits and importance of mindfulness for kids
- Be fully prepared and know what to expect when sharing mindfulness for different ages and stages of childhood development
- Have a variety of hands on tools to share with children that offer many healthy benefits while being engaging and fun
- Learn a wide variety of different tools to customize a unique mindfulness plan that fits into daily life for kids of all ages
- CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION with 2.5 instructional hours.
- RESOURCES: Access to several mental health and parenting resources
- SUPPORT: Access to the instructors who teach each course should any questions arise.
- RISK FREE 30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE if you are not satisfied with your purchase. Completed courses will not be eligible for refunds. (Note: Refunds will not granted in lieu of the purchase of a ICP membership)
- HELP ON DEMAND: Access to the instructor via email at any time.
- SELF PACED STUDY: No timeline for completion of the course.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR:
This presentation is appropriate for parents, educators, child care professionals, caregivers, and mental health professionals.
All courses offered by ICP are for individual use only. Using them for corporate/group training, or shared purposes are a violation of copyright law. Furthermore, all products/services provided by the Institute of Child Psychology, along with all workshop materials, are strictly for educational purposes only and cannot be categorized as psychological or mental health services.
***This workshop is not owned by ICP and therefore may be removed by discretion of the contractor at any time, with 90 day notice.
UNABLE TO AFFORD REGISTRATION?
We offer subsidized tickets to those who have limited income!
Please contact our administration team for further assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.